Make The Call.

Dion POV

Me: move nigga." I snapped as he stood in my way.

Ace: bitch I had to fix my chain." he insulted as he closed my door. Sucking my teeth, I pushed past him as we walked down Maurice's driveway. After Ryan disappeared yesterday, Reese did the same.

He did not come to practice nor was he answering any of our text messages. The way he went after Ryan yesterday revealed a fear that no one else seemed to pick up on but me.

He was scared. He was scared for Ryan and we all know when he gets that way he lashes out to hide it. He didn't mean the things he said to Ryan, he just didn't know how to express how he truly felt to her.

He was letting himself fall back into a dark hole again like he did over the summer and this time I was not about to let him do that shit.

Reggie: is he here?" he asked.

Me: Yeah, the nigga here." I said pointing at his car parked on the side of the road.

The sound of his music blasted in the backyard, so we skipped going through the front door. Opening the side gate, we walked around the side of his house coming across him running plays in his open field.

He was focused, angry as he ran up and down the field trying to keep his mind distracted. He did not even notice us standing there in front of him.

Me: Reese." I called as he ran back down. Running another play, I stepped in front of him as he saw us but kept going.

Me: Reese!" I yelled drawing him to a halt. He skipped into his last run, stopping with his back to us as Ace cut the music off.

Me: we need to talk nigga." I demanded as he turned around. Shaking his head out of breath, he fanned us off immediately.

Reese: I ain't got nun to say."

Me: good, then you can listen while we talk." I shrugged as he wiped the sweat off of his face.

Reese: about what?"

Me: you know what about nigga." I sucked my teeth.

Me: you ain't come to practice yesterday or this morning. I know you seen our text."

Reese: yeah, I seen them." he shrugged.

Jordan: and you won't gone answer back nigga?"

Reese: I ain't have nun to say."

Ace: nun to say, nigga we texted you about what Coach said. He said there was no reason why you missed practice during senior year." he scolded as Maurice scoffed away.

Reese: he called me, we talked." he said nonchalantly.

Me: what he say?" I questioned. Stepping back, he gestured to the field he set up for himself.

Reese: it ain't obvious?" he poked.

Reese: I am practicing." he said as we did not answer.

Reggie: we gotta game next Monday."

Reese: I know."

Me: our FIRST game."

Reese: I know." he snarled at me.

Me: you sure, because it seems like you are about to do the same thing you did last semester." I pointed out.

Me: getting thrown off yo game because of Ryan." I hit as he glared away.

Reese: y'all ain't got to worry about that. She ain't my concern." he lied.

Marcus: come on Reese, don't say that."