chapter 10 Following Him Around

"Then, tell me, how don't you remember your country name?"
*take a sip from the teacup*

Sullivan was drinking tea, while talking to me. he seems very comfortable from the way he sits on the chair, the right foot was on top of the left one.

I closed my eyes in fear, trying to remember this damned name,

"(And what will help me get out of here!?. if I just studied a little)"

"Trying to play around the push, ha?. well then."

He was going to take his sword out of the sheath, if I didn't interrupted him by saying,

"P-please don't think about killing me just yet. I do really try to remember the name, but I can't!!!"

Sullivan's eyes widened at my words, why?. oh wait!!!, I stopped him midway to grab his sword!.

Sullivan got up fast from his seat, and pulled his sword aiming it on my neck, making me fear even more.

"Thats it. you're really an Intruder."

My eyes widened, waiting for my head to fly... if it weren't for him.

"P-please chief, don't do that. what if that boy is Innocent"

Sullivan turned his head towards Ridshard, and said,

"Are you ordering me now?"

Ridshard froze in front of the door, locked his gaze on the ground, and said,

"You always kill, chief. this week were there too many people dead by your hands. please, lets wait some more."

I knew his words couldn't prevent Sullivan from cutting my neck, so I started praying to god, thinking this is my last pray.

"Why are you praying you fool?"

"I-it's my last moments, so... I'm praying to god to have a good afterlife!"

Sullivan didn't do anything, and just watched me, while I watched him too!. and slowly, he lowered his sword from my neck, putting it back into the sheath.

"Come"
*Turning around to leave*

"Ha?, where?"

Sullivan grabed the door's handle, and looked at me.

"You will always follow me wherever I go. I'm not going to give you the chance to write anything for anyone about this place or any place. now, come, before I change my mind."

Those words do seem harsh but for me, they were like the light that rescued me from the darkness of this room. I quickly jumped from the bed, following him out of the room with a smile on my face from a ear to ear.

"What a fool"

Sullivan got out from the headquarters, and went to the training ground. while walking with him, the place seems rather cool!. they did take care of the trees and the flowers, but wait... those trees and grounds are normal!.

Sullivan stopped from walking, standing and observing the trainers.

I got my courage togather, and asked him,

"Ummm, sir?"

"..."

"Sir, can I ask you something?"

"No."

"(This basterd is making me lose my mind)"

I didn't say anything after that, waiting for something to happen, praying for this something to have some action maybe.

Looking at Sullivan again. why is he putting his hand on his face?. then, I heard him saying something unlike him!.

"...Ask"

I don't want to lose this opportunity to ask him, right?.

"Why does Gabrial's forest look colorful?"

Sullivan crossed his arms, looking rather relieved.

"What a stupid question. and how the hell am I going to know something like that..."

I'm sure I did something wrong for me to be here. god please whatever I did, please forgive me, please.

"Any other stupid question?"

"No, not at all"

"Good"

After this, I didn't utter anything from my mouth all day. this day was like a year for me. not talking when there were people was the worst.

I then, got back to my room, and jumped on the bed out of habit, and sighed because of boredom.

"(Ahhh I'm really boreeeed)"

Hearing the door unlocking, made me happy somewhat, but seeing my friend Ridshard made me completely happy!.

"Ridshard!!!"

"Hi Meruthi, how was your day?"

"Nothing much, just following the chief around. he was boring for being honest"

"Maruthi!, don't say that. his position dictates this on him!."

"Haha. okay, as you wish"

Talking to Ridshard this night was so peaceful, to the point making me less worried, and made me sleep comfortablely.