Chapter 26 It's Not Safe

Sir Ogen made us stop and rest easy on the sand when the sky turned dark and stars started to get lighter and lighter, making us feel warm by the woods he made by his powers, and of course firing it up was easy for Sullivan too.

I sit down and started looking at the stars trying to remember everything happened till now, and it seems like so many things had changed because of me. Meaning, like the time Sullivan had started this journey, and the time he meet with the old lady in the maze, and... My mirror...

"What is taking your mind away this much young boy?"

I turned to sir Ogen fast since I need to lie now, and I don't have anything to lie about, so I will just say this.

"Hungry..."

"Hahaha. Why didn't you say so?"

In a few seconds I saw a little bush beside me, carrying some fruits. It made me smile happily, making me forget about the fucked up journey and whatnot. I quickly snatched the fruit from the bush and started eating it.

"Seems like the crazy guy is lost in thoughts too"

I looked up at Sullivan to see him looking at the fire with lost mind and empty eyes. Maybe having a silence moment like this will get him crazy soon.

"Umm... Sullivan?"

He didn't look at me but made a sound with his mouth shut telling me that he's listening. So I said,

"Is something wrong?"

He glanced at me by his eyes, still leaning on his elbow on his knee, and sighed out loud while changing his sitting position.

"Don't worry your stupid head, since I'm trying to stay focused to look out for any giant bug comes"

I swallowed my saliva, getting myself worried since we are now in the giant bugs is land and home where their eggs is being stored. Seems like I will regret coming here.

"Don't worry young boy, I'm here too"

I looked at sir Ogen who put his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me. I smiled at him, trying to make him rest easy, when I myself aren't going to feel like even laying down.
***
I stayed still, looking at the fire burning it self. While hearing the sand moves with creepy sounds, maybe the sand bugs are getting up now to look for food.

I looked to my side to see that sir Ogen is having a good nap, and Sullivan in front of me on the other side of the fire, he seem lost in thoughts more than me.

"Sullivan?"

"Mhm..."

"D-do you hear this? It's like sand is starting to move because of the sand bugs"

With uninterested face, Sullivan turned his face to look around us, making me feel somewhat frustrated by his face reaction.

"Nothing is near..."

My face went white because blood went down my head from fear, and Sullivan glanced at me raising his eyebrow at my fearful reaction.

"Didn't know that your ears are this good, Maruthi"

I gulped up my saliva, and looked down to my feet, thinking of the hell is wrong with me now. Does the sand land have bad effects on who is next to get effected because of the so called disease?.

"What are you hearing?"

I started to gulp my saliva more and more, and feel that it's becoming warm, and my stomach wants to vomit everything in it.

I glanced up at Sullivan to open my mouth but didn't have the next second to stand by my side, for the giant bug who had stormed up from behind me wanting to get me inside it.

The next second I saw Sullivan grabbing my collar and throwing me away behind him, for me to get stopped by a big pink flower were blooming out from woods.

And saw in front of me Sir Ogen and Sullivan attacking the biggest bug I saw in my whole life.