chapter 5 The Knight

The moment I uttered those words, he looked upset with me, his eyes showed feeling of contempt.

I turned my gaze at the ground in fear, and was about to say, "I'm sorry، and thank you." If it weren't for him,

"This kingdom is called Krystal."

The donkey and I looked in the voice's direction, but the two guards suddenly became terrified, and they stood in their places on the sides of the iron gate of the fort.

As for the donkey... Well, he seems not interested, and like he was saying,

"Oh, the person who the story always says is handsome, strong, etc. has come."

The man who answered me looked at me. he had a handsome face with green eyes and black hair with a blue streak, like what did the donkey says.

He was wearing knightly armor. and of course he was holding his huge sword in his right hand, based on his shoulder. and his helmet in his other hand.

He looked like... well, uninterested as usual. Wait... as usual?, I looked again and... I opened my mouth wide, but no words came out. I could not speak. and I heard the voice of the second knight,

"The second knight: What are you surprised about? Yes, he is the well-known leader Sullivan D'Erstle, leader of the knights of the Kingdom Krystal, and one of the seven most powerful people in the world."

I didn't need this idiot's words, because he was talking about only one person, not all three!.

Sullivan showed amazement on his face, and said in a voice denied that I knew him,

"I was not aware that news of the Kingdom spread quickly among the villagers..."

I covered my mouth with my hand, and remained standing. the donkey looked at me, and hit my hand with his head.

I turned my gaze to him, and was surprised that he was angry!!!. What's wrong with you too???!, anyway.

I took a breath, and said,

"I'm not a villager!."

"Sullivan: ???"

"And I'm not one of the kingdom's people either..."

"Yes, yes, I heard that you were lost and you were questioning the guards."

Sullivan looked at them with an exasperated look, which terrified them.

They looked to another place, and he continued talking,

"Well, tell me, what is your name?"

"My name... A-My name is Maruthi..."

Sullivan froze and his face looked, astonished???. Why is he surprised?, what happened to him?.

After a few seconds, Sullivan regained consciousness with an indifferent face, and said,

"So, what do you want?"

"Um, actually...I want to go in, but *gazing at the guards* I've been told that I need an ID to go in, but I'm lost. *looks at Sullivan again* What should I do?"

I don't know why Sullivan looked at me for such a long time, like someone trying to remember something, but his memory failed him. and his face who was indifferent, did became interested!.

"I will put you under my personal responsibility."

I looked at him in amazement, and my mouth was open yet again. I tried to say thank you, but I couldn't.

I was busy thinking, why would Sullivan do something like this?. he never cared about these things before. all he cared about were those •pieces• and nothing else.

Sullivan looked at the astonished guards, and the second and first guards quickly went and opened the door.

I entered the kingdom with my hand on the donkey's back. and heard the sound of the iron door closing behind me.

Sullivan stopped walking, and turned to me, and said,

"Children are not allowed to own a donkey in their fifteenth year."

I looked at him with angry eyes, me? a child?.

"Hey, I'm seventeen, not five."

"Really?, It doesn't seem that way to me. anyway. you haven't reached adulthood yet. Where did you get the donkey?"

"Would you believe me if I said he followed me from Gabriel's village to here?"

"So you are a villager?"