Part 36: Aurora

The anticipation builds with just a few days left until the grand celebration of the Winter Hunt. Initially, I told myself that I didn't care much about the opinions of the werewolves or the intricacies of the event. However, as I pour my heart and hard work into the preparations, a wave of nervousness and excitement washes over me. Hosting such an event is a new experience for me—one that I never thought I'd find myself navigating.

Back at the rebel camp, we threw celebrations, but they were humble affairs with minimal resources. Yet, the spirit of unity and camaraderie made each gathering feel grand and special. The contrast between those intimate gatherings and the looming grandeur of the upcoming event stirs a mix of emotions within me.

These werewolves still don't feel like "my people," and the realization that I'm still an outsider in their world gnaws at me. The unfamiliar dynamics, the unspoken rules—I worry about fitting in, about being accepted. The rebels were my family, a close-knit community where acceptance was a given. Here, in this world dominated by werewolves, it's a different story.

Thank the gods for Kiara. She has been my anchor, guiding me through every step of the preparation. Her support has been unwavering, a reassuring presence amid the uncertainties. With her by my side, I can feel less like an outsider and more like someone who belongs, at least for that night.

The prospect of hosting an event of this magnitude, where I'll be scrutinized by werewolves who may still view me with suspicion, is daunting. But having Kiara as a friend, someone I can count on, brings a sense of comfort. In the midst of the nerves and the fear of not belonging, I find solace in the friendship that transcends the boundaries of our different worlds.

The grand celebration of the Winter Hunt is tinged with excitement for me, especially at the prospect of seeing the other humans there. Our numbers may be overshadowed by the werewolves in attendance, but our mere presence carries a powerful message. It symbolizes change—a shift in the dynamics of this world that has long been dominated by werewolves. The very thought fills me with joy and hope.

The world is transforming, evolving into a place where humans are not relegated to second-class status. As I prepare to bring my children into this new reality, the prospect of a better world for them fills me with pride.They will not be looked down upon simply because their mother is human. It's a small yet significant step toward a future where acceptance and equality prevail.

I find myself proud of Rylan, the alpha king who, despite his cruelties, has shown a willingness to adapt and change. Together, we look toward our future, our family. The thought of our children growing up in a world that acknowledges their worth, regardless of their heritage, is a beacon of hope. In this moment of excitement and anticipation, I feel a deep sense of gratitude for the progress we've made and a renewed optimism for the path that lies ahead.

On my way to meet Kiara for tea, the anticipation and nerves about the upcoming event and impending motherhood swirl within me. As I enter the room and see her radiant smile, a wave of gratitude washes over me. She's been a pillar of support, not just for the event but also as we navigate the journey of becoming mothers.

"Everything will be fine, Aurora. You have prepared a wonderful event," she exclaims after we sit down, sensing my nerves. But I feel compelled to correct her, to acknowledge the partnership that has made this possible. "We have. This wouldn't be possible without your help, and I am forever grateful," I express, watching her smile in response.

Our conversation turns to a lighter topic—names. Kiara, ever the caring friend, asks about the names Rylan and I have considered for our children. I can't help but laugh, thinking about the countless discussions and disagreements Rylan and I have had on this matter. "We just can't seem to agree on names. But I believe that when we see our children for the first time, the right names will become clear," I share, a sense of optimism underlying my words.