Mysterious Condition

Start from the beginning

It's happening to him, too, Teru wondered, noticing he was also shaking and wavering breaths.

"Something is wrong," Kieran huskily repeated. "Do you hear the sound of locusts, as well?"

"Hmm?" Teru groaned, nipping the inside of Kieran's wrist. This was a spot that could hold pheromones well, besides the gland in their necks and his hole. His tongue skimmed over the slight ridges of the vein outlines.

"Little one," he warned.

If this was an issue, wouldn't he move away to keep a distance? In actuality, Kieran had lowered himself, their nipples grazing. His words weren't matching his actions.

Teru guided Kieran's hand down his chest and over the belly bump until it rested above his groin. "Here. Hurts."

"Hurts in what way?" His tone was alarmed, probably thinking it was related to the pups.

"No," Teru slurred. Ah, it was troublesome to talk. "Different."

Kieran understood and kissed his cheek. "Sleep," he nuzzled.

"I'm hot." It was not weather-related, either, but one that stirred within.

His thumb brushed over his lips. "Shh."

"I want you," Teru moaned, canines aching to be rough and scratch his mate; leave marks to let others know not to touch him. "You...don't want to?"

"Of course, I do, little one," Kieran pleaded. His eyes begged to cease this difficult questioning. "I don't know what has overcome you and me. We can't be swayed by...whatever it is."

But Teru was already deep into his yearning, too far gone and not grasping what he said. "Need you."

"I promise to love you properly when we are safe. When we have a bed. When you are examined and given the approval to be physical. And we were just attacked moments ago. We shouldn't be behaving like-"

You're rambling. Are you nervous?

While he was speaking, Kieran's movements said anything but waiting. Mint pheromones emanated from him. His muscles twitched to mess up the omega silly. One of his knees pressed lightly between Teru's legs. His cock stood, head slightly purple from straining to see action. It was literally the mind saying no, but the body saying yes.

Teru groaned, "Please," and exposed his throat. His spine arched.

From the corner of his sight, he saw Kieran move to bite his nape, mouth opening wide. The toxic aura around them seemed to encourage it. Do it. Ruin him.

Unfortunately, he paused with only an inch away. His teeth were halfway human-shaped, believing he was going to mark him. "This isn't us, this isn't us, this isn't us," Kieran mumbled.

Teru was impatient. His playful nips turned into gnawing. After letting go, there was a pink circle left behind from his bite. A tiny drop of blood dribbled from one of the indents. Would that get his attention to listen to him?!

Just fuck me.

It didn't work.

Kieran kissed his eyelids shut and spooned him. "Shh. Sleep. I don't want to hurt you. Shh."

For what felt like a while, Teru became tired from the soft strokes on his hair, mind going in and out of blackness-

A crushing grip on his jaw jump scared him awake. Kieran's face lacked any of the worry and uncertainty from earlier. Now, it was pure desire and sort of primitive with the way he stared at Teru hungrily. It resembled way too much of the alphas he had ever encountered, who saw him as a piece of meat to dick around with.

Teru sniffed. Was that...musky pheromones? Was he mad?

Indeed, he was mad.

Kieran raised his wrist, the one that Teru had left a ring of teeth marks still there. Shouldn't those have healed instantly-?

"Why did you do that?"

The omega shivered at the darkened voice and glowing, cold eyes. "Huh?"

"Did you want to me fuck you so badly that you challenged me?"

He was speechless. When did Teru ever do that-? Oh. The bite. It was a humiliating move to bite an alpha. But, wasn't that just between alpha-alpha drama and on their nape or pheromone gland? He didn't recall the wrist being one of those no-no places.

We are mates. Why is he being anal about it now? I am sure I've bitten him before, no? I don't remember. I guess it doesn't matter. Given this backlash, I threatened his biology.

Hold on. Couldn't Teru use this to his advantage to get what he wanted? Even though this sudden switch in personality was suspicious, Teru could finally douse the lustful heat scorching him.

He couldn't help but smile widely, up to no good. The expression provoked Kieran, who growled and barred his teeth.

I can play, as well, and did the same gesture back. His purr vibrated low like a growl. That might have been a dire mistake to copy alpha warning signals designated to make the other submit.

A mistake it was.