SES-EN-SESTIG

Hello everyone.

Wow it has been a long while.

A lot has happened to me for the past while, but I am finally back to write again for the time being. I have finally been granted the blessing of time and hope to make good use of it.

I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me so far. You have no idea how touching it is to see you all support me and this story for so long. Thank you for everything, and I hope to continue writing stories which all of you adore.

~~~

"Lisa, what is it that you really need right now? Like...truly?"

...

..

.

Lisa was truly contemplating that question as she walked around the campus, half-heartedly trying to gather pictures for her end of year portfolio. The camera in her hands felt as heavy as lead, and yet she still tried her best to snap photos of the beauty in front of her, even though to her eyes, it was equivalent to taking pictures of ash long left behind from a bonfire.

Rose's words have maintained a constant presence in her head, probing the most inner depth aspects of her subconscious as she tried to figure out what it was that she truly wanted for herself. Because quite honestly...she didn't know.

When she first arrived to Belvoire, she honestly thought it was a dream come true. Moving from Thailand to Korea was an adventure of itself, but arriving to such a prestigious university like Belvoire, she truly thought that she finally had the golden opportunity to progress further in life; although, it wasn't like she was denied to opportunity in Thailand. She would have been content staying at her previous university, but Belvoire just seemed to make everything seem so much brighter and better. It was the equivalent of being provided a spot in Harvard, albeit Belvoire was far more prestigious and more cementing of one's future, a job almost guaranteed at the end of each graduation due to the constant exposure students are given to the business world in their various study fields.

But the prestige of Belvoire came with a price, one which no one expects to pay until they walk through the golden gates of the university.

The hierarchical system of the university was barbaric, and the fact that the staff allowed it was disgusting, in fact, they seemed to encourage it because it cemented the fact that those with money are able to flourish even more than they already do because they had the money to pay for it. While people like Lisa had to crawl their way along the gravel road to try get a scrap of success. To rich students like Jennie, Belvoire was a haven which maintained their social superiority, while for people like Lisa, it was a place which placed a great emphasis on the character building due to the fact that they were socially inferior, or rather the emphasis served as a constant social reminder of their place in society.

And speaking of Jennie, Lisa refused to see her, and it has already been two weeks since their argument in the private dance room.

Lisa was a mess when she eventually arrived back at the dorm, throwing a bit of a tantrum in her bedroom, making a complete mess of clothes, bedroom items, and some furniture. Fortunately nothing was broken, her camera being safely hidden away during the time, but it was quite a sight for sore eyes for Rose when she eventually arrived back to the dorm and sought out the blonde.

Rose didn't say anything at first, she simply hugged Lisa as the blonde sobbed in her shoulder, completely emotionally and mentally exhausted from everything. The Australian combed her fingers through Lisa's hair and cradled her like one would to a child, offering Lisa the comfort which she craved without expecting anything.