Chapter 65 ✰ I don't forgive you ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"We never got the credit, nobody seemed to hear us, but we said it."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

You Get Me So High but it's a new song by Lavender instead of The Neighbourhood

"But, this isn't about me specifically. It's about Lavender, and the making of this glorious album, so back to that.

Black was written somewhere in the middle of all this, you'll have to ask Harry about that one though. All I'll say, is, that is a beautifully honest melody, and I think it's one of our best songs.

But the next song we made for the album was, You Get Me So High. This is a song I'm very fond of because I have writing credits, [ smiles ] We were really ringing Harry dry of all his inspiration and on a very rare occasion he got stuck. So we sat down together and our lyrics just bounced off each other, I mean we basically had a conversation and that's the song."

The soles of my shoes land on the sleek wooden floorboards and the sun leaking in from the end of the hall warms my back.

"I'm just about to walk into the studio," I slow my steps as I near the now familiar door. "I'll call you back when I'm done and we'll get dinner."

A thoughtful moment of silence passes through the phone I hold to my ear.

"Fine." She smacks her lips together. "How long are you going to take?"

"Zayn just said he needed some help with a song, it shouldn't be long." I shrug my shoulders remembering how simple and nonchalant he made the whole thing out to be. 

I was on my way to the grocery store when I got a text from Zayn, asking for my help with some lyrics. He said it was just the chorus that wasn't flowing right and he wanted me to come by the studio.

"Okay, but hurry up," Her voice falls into a whiny pitch. "I'm hungry."

I smile, envisioning the big dramatic frown that most likely overtook Lilly's lips just now. "I will. Love you."

"Love you. Byeee." She elongates her farewell before hanging up.

Chuckling to myself, I lower my phone and slide it back into my purse.

Today has been a surprisingly decent day, standing out against the shittiest week of my life.

After Drew showed up at my apartment to scream at me and Lilly gave me her I can't avoid the inevitable speech, I sunk so far down into the ocean of agony I think I almost made Lilly regret telling me to face my feelings.