Chapter 51 ✰ Do you still love him? ✰

☆☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"If we can find a reason, a reason to change. Looking for the answer.
If you can find a reason, a reason to stay.
Standing in the pouring rain."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Cigarette Daydreams by Cage The Elephant

We sit in the buzz of the radio, feeling every bump this backwoods road has to offer

We sit in the buzz of the radio, feeling every bump this backwoods road has to offer. Trees with green leaves pass the windshield, creating a more scenic view for my tired eyes.

I focus on the paved road ahead of me, trying with all of my mental strength to fight off this sleepy fog that's drifted over me.

If I fall asleep, my head is going to need something to lean on. I have two options for that.

Harry's shoulder, Or Jax's shoulder. 

So I decided a while ago that I won't be sleeping.

Harry's truck only having a full bench for the front seat, I've been wedged in between them for this whole drive.

Drew can't make it until tomorrow so she's driving Jax's car up here, meaning us three got stuck traveling together.

Jax has been in a great mood, but I think he's just trying to overcompensate for the pit that must be in his stomach.

He's seeing his mom for the first time in years. She didn't show up for high school graduation, she didn't call when Lavender's first album came out, nothing.

He must be feeling anxious by now, we're 30 minutes away from her house.

"Do you remember when we got into a food fight in your old house?" Jax speaks up, probably needing some conversation to fill the void.

"Oh my god!" I playfully smack his arm, turning my body to better face him. "The spaghetti with tomato sauce in the all white kitchen."

Out of every room in my childhood house the kitchen was the most important to her. My mom loved that kitchen.

"The sauce stained the walls, and we scrubbed and scrubbed but we couldn't get it off." Jax laughs out retelling the story as if I didn't live it with him.

In my adolescent brain, if my mom found red stains on her walls due to me and Jax having a fucking food fight, I would have been dead.