Chapter 53 ✰ Love and hate ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"Love and hate, get it wrong."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Comedown but it's a new song by Lavender
instead of Bush

"Me and Harry actually wrote Everlong and Comedown in a very similar way

"Me and Harry actually wrote Everlong and Comedown in a very similar way. It was him writing, and me strumming an electric guitar with a recording Drew had taken of herself playing a drumbeat. Comedown also sounded way different when we actually recorded it in the studio, it's like the song really came to life. And those are my two favorite songs on the album, maybe because of how they were written or something else, but those songs have a really special place in my heart."

God it's been such a good fucking morning.

The sun has lit up the entire first floor in a golden haze, the smell of coffee hangs heavy on the air, Harry's soft t-shirt rests atop my bear thighs and my messy hair lays against my shoulders.

We woke up this morning half exhausted from the drive home yesterday, and half excited to have the house all to ourselves.

Lilly is still staying over at a friends house considering we weren't even supposed to be back yet, and Drew is already at Mary's house with Jax.

Me and Harry just strolled out of his bedroom in our pajamas without much thought, so Harry's shirtless with plaid sleep pants on.

Great morning.

Harry leans back on the wooden chair that directly faces the one I sit on. "Okay so Drew sent me this recording of a drum beat she thought up while we were gone." He lifts his hips up slipping his hand into the pocket of his pajama pants, pulling out his phone. "Could you build from it maybe?"

"Yeah, just let me hear it." I reach down pulling my slick red guitar from it's metal stand placing it onto my lap.

He presses play, a catchy back and forth stripped down melody rattles through a drum beat. He lets the whole thing play out until the video comes to an end. "Can you work with that?"

"Please." I playfully roll my eyes with a challenging smirk. I dance my fingers through the guitar strings creating a melody that perfectly challenges the one Drew created. "I can play around with it to."

"Yeah, um I'll just let it play out then?" He opens his journal, landing on a page full of ink.

My fingers screech against the neck of the guitar stopping the melody. "You already have lyrics?" My eyebrows pull up in surprise.

"Uh kinda, I just wanted to hear how it would all sound together before bringing it to Zayn." He shrugs, down playing his talent.

He always does that, act as if his writing skill is ordinary. I used to think maybe he was just pretending to be humble, or he didn't want to overshadow us. But I think he just really believes that he scribbles out silly little plain words and we have the skill.