Chapter 36 ✰ Tiger tattoo ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"And for you I'll keep my legs apart, and forget about my tainted heart."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Little Bit by Lykke Li

Mature content

"I realized a couple years ago that my 20th birthday was the last year I had alone, alone in the sense of I didn't have anyone watching me

"I realized a couple years ago that my 20th birthday was the last year I had alone, alone in the sense of I didn't have anyone watching me. It took a long time to get comfortable with the sense of having people's eyes on me constantly, I've found a comforting balance now. But still, my 20th was technically my last birthday before a lot of the world knew my name, or my face at least."

I twist my spoon around in the dark brown liquid seeing it slowly turn a light cream color, the familiar scent of coffee hanging around my kitchen. I find my hips swaying back and forth, the music flowing out of my phone taking control of my body. I take a sip from my mug that's shaped like an alien head, officially deciding that I single-handedly make the best coffee in New York City.

"Working so hard every night and day, and now we get the payback." I sing out the catchy lyrics of Luxurious by Gwen Stefani.

The sound of my apartment numbers rattling on the wood as someone pounds their fist against my front door disrupts my music. Feeling my heart rate accelerate I quickly touch my phone screen pausing the song, the only sound in my apartment is the faint drag of my slippers pushing me towards the door.

I peek through the peephole that sits in the middle of the door, only to roll my eyes moments later at the vision of Harry's face through the fish lens.

I shake my head at his excessive need to bang on my door instead of knocking like a normal person. I stand back twisting the knob. I pull open the door, Harry perks up at my presence, a lazy grin on his lips.

"Hello cherry blossom."

"Hi?" I phrase my greeting as more of a question confused on why he's here considering I was supposed to be meeting him in like an hour.

"I've been personally selected to escort you to the club tonight." He presents his sentence in a very professional way like he's been hand selected by some higher power to be my bodyguard.

"Drew didn't think I would show huh?" I ask.

The only scenario that would lead Harry to my doorstep right now is Drew thinking I wouldn't go unless Harry forces me.

"Yup." He brushes past me walking into my apartment. "Where's Lilly?"

I close the door turning around and walking back to my coffee cup. "Spending the night at a friend's house." I grab my mug, turning around to lean my lower back on my kitchen counter.