Chapter 5 ✰ Sidewalks and Skeletons ✰

"My hollow heart finds
it too hard to trust. We're all alone
until we turn back to dust."

Goth by Sidewalks and Skeletons

Start this song when you see the * and let it play out until it ends on its own.

Music thumps through the soles of my boots, hot pink lights distorting my vision of the room full of moving bodies

There's a big white wall separating the front door from the rest of the club with the words Love Link spray painted on it.

"Let's go get shots." Drew shouts over the music into my ear. She grabs my hand dragging me through the crowd of people around the big wall, I'm met with a giant light up dance floor, and pink strobe light.

She pulls me over to the right causing me to turn my head, there's a big bar in the shape of a U, the bar is somehow light up as well, and of course it's pink.

She sits us down on a couple of barstools, waving the guys over.

"What can I get you ladies?" The bartender asks us.

"Ten jameson pickleback shots please!" Drew shouts.

"Can I just get your id?"

"Yeah." Drew pulls out an id which has to be fake but the bartender buys it, shooting her a smile he starts making our drinks.

"What did you order?" I yell out at Drew wanting to know what I'm about to drink.

"I can't believe you actually fucking brought her." Harry loudly speaks out behind me acting like I can't hear him.

Fuck him honestly. I don't want to be his friend anyways.

"I let you come so shut the fuck up." She yells at him.

I hear Niall laughing behind me.

"And it's basically just a shot and then pickle juice as the chaser." She turns her attention towards me answering my question.

There not being any more empty stools Harry just stands behind Drew, Niall stands in the middle of us and Jax wraps his arm around me, feeling his warm body so close to mine is an immediate relaxer.

Wait, pickle juice? "That sounds fucking sick!"

"In a good way or a bad way?" Drew clarifies before responding.

"A bad way!" I pull my face up in disgust.

I hate pickle juice.

"No its good!" She shakes her head.

"Yeah, Rayne you'll like it!" Jax chimes in.

"Where were you tonight?" I look up towards him.

"Oh I was there backstage at the party, I guess you just didn't see me." He smiles avoiding eye contact.