Chapter 46 ✰ I forgive you ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"Fade into you,
I think it's strange you never knew."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

Mature content

Start this song when you see the  *

My legs are tangled in his sheets, the side of my face pushed against his plush pillow

Today has been a bad one.

I watch fresh red paint spread across my fingernail, lifting my eyes up to Harry's focused face, I smile.

A small smile, but a smile nonetheless.

I relax my hand on his knee, his own freshly painted black nails contrasting the red he spreads across mine, but also matching his pinky nail.

I noticed on his right hand he only painted his pinky red, and the rest are black, that also made me smile.

We fell asleep watching movies after we finished sharing that slice of chocolate cake last night, and I woke up screaming.

I don't understand, I haven't had that nightmare since I was 12 years old. And last night there I was, on that green velvet chair again.

"Lacy, since you haven't been going to our meetings, I should probably fill you in." He glances at me, a nervous energy suddenly whirling into the room.

"Okay." I squint my eyes at him.

"The song is doing pretty good, Zac wants us to do a video for it." He closely watches me for a reaction before continuing. "Like tomorrow."

Sometimes I wish our manager was a peace of shit so I could be mad at him right now, but Zac is actually really sweet. He loves music and he wants to share it with the world, that's all.

"He wants us to, or we are?" I ask before giving that reaction he was watching for.

"We are."

"Tomorrow?" I lift my eyebrows up in surprise.

"Yup." He folds his lips together looking back down at my hand to continue painting.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I can't help the notch of annoyance my voice carries.

"Didn't want you to worry, or have anything else to stress about." He shrugs avoiding eye contact by focusing on the last coat of red he's painting on my thumb.

I sigh, I don't even have the energy to be mad right now, and he's right. I would have stressed about it for the whole week. "Okay, tomorrow then." I sigh not really having a choice.