Chapter 12 ✰ Honest face ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"Honey I could play the hater, acting like I hated her last night."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

My Honest Face but it's a new song from Lavender instead of Inhaler.

Start and stop this song when you see the  *

"What did you say to her?" Drew scolds me on our walk to Mandy's house

"Nothing." I lie feeling cold wind creep under my jacket.

"No!" God she's fucking persistent. "She was having fun then all of a sudden she insists she has to go home?"

"Maybe she just actually wanted to go home." I roll my eyes getting irritated with her incessant fucking need to come to Lacy's defense.

"That's bullshit and you know it." I feel her little judgmental eyes on me as we continue walking.

"It's not like she was missed anyway, I personally only started to have fun once she left." I smile remembering the true genuine happiness I felt when I realized she was gone.

"The only reason we were out was to celebrate her dipshit."

"Can't see why, she sucks." Everyone is so up her ass for what? She's good sure, but it's the principle of it.

Drew grabs my arm physically stopping me in the middle of the sidewalk. "Oh I saw the way you were looking at her on that stage so don't pretend-"

"I can think someone is hot but still hate them Drew," I stop her brain from going somewhere she won't come back from. "human emotions are complex like that." I say in a condescending tone like she's a child who can't comprehend the English language.

"Why do you hate her, for real?" Her face is serious like she wants a real answer from me.

"I told you she's fucked everything up, I mean she gave me writers block for fucks sake." I give the reason I've repeated to myself over and over and over again for hating her.

"No, you gave yourself writers block." She crosses her arms, her stubborn attitude shining through.

I open my mouth only to clamp it shut when she raises her hand as a sign for me to be quiet. "I don't know what you have in that head of yours but you need to put on your honest face and just fucking say it, stop holding back, because the moment you stop writing what you're feeling, you ruin us." Her tone is strong, really meaning every word.

My honest face.

My eyes light up as a page full of lyrics flow through my brain.

"Go, we're only a block away and I'll stab anyone who comes near me." She recognizes the look of inspiration that just hit me like a lightning bolt.