Chapter 52 ✰ We're not friends ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"And nothing's wrong, when nothing's true.
I live in a hologram with you."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Buzzcut Season by Lord

The moment she pulls her lips away from mine, my body already begins to miss her warmth

The moment she pulls her lips away from mine, my body already begins to miss her warmth. She gently holds my wrists, keeping my hands resting against either side of her jaw.

Nothing is said, we just let the sound of quiet wind travel in between us.

I flick my eyes across her face, taking note of how the fire beside us highlights her small freckles.

"I know we have a lot to talk about but," I sigh, once again struggling to find the right words. "I-" I clench my jaw wishing I could somehow find the correct term to describe the complex emotions running through me. "I don't-"

"I know." She softly nods her head interrupting my jumbled spiel. "I just don't want to fight anymore, Harry." Her voice dips down into sadness, like we've already begun to fight again. "I'm sick of the, let's see who can hurt each other worst game."

My eyebrows pull together in pain at the hurt look written across her face. I drop my hands to her waist pulling her into my chest. "Fuck, I'm so sorry Lace." I slide my arms around her back burying my face into her shoulder.

Her usual floral set swirls around me, further twisting the knife that's been plunged into my chest.

She wraps her arms around my neck accepting my hug. "I'm sorry too." Her hands rest on the back of my neck, holding me close.

After a second of embracing each other I pull back, keeping my hands resting comfortably on her hips.

Concern immediately rushes through my chest when my eyes land on soft tears rolling down her cheek. "Why are you crying?" I pull my head back flicking my eyes across her pained face.

Seeing her cry feels like razors to my skin.

"It's stupid." She shakes her head, and I watch her cheeks tint pink in embarrassment.

I bring both of my hands to her face, wiping her tears away with my thumbs. "If your crying over it then it's not." I drop my hands down to her collarbones, not wanting the comfort of touching her to drift away from me just yet.

"I just missed you." She licks her lips, trying to somehow soothe herself. "I don't want things to go back to how they've been for the past week."

I didn't know. I didn't think she would care all that much. I thought... well I don't know what I thought.