Forty five

Ruhi was now towards the end of her second trimester and her baby bump was showing as well. After having dinner and having movie time with her family which consisted to his friends too she felt sleep miles away from her eyes.

 Consequently because she was hungry but ruhi couldnt help it. Ruhi detatched her head from Veer's chest and looked up at her sleeping husband, she was feeling really bad waking him up but she had the right after all ruhi was the one carrying his devil. 

Yes they had finally found out the gender of the baby and thinking about that a tiny giggle left her lips. 

Flashback 

Both of them came home and told Vihan and Ashi about the gender who were beyond excited. Ruhi had been silently praying that the baby turns out to be a boy but veer kept saying it was a girl. Ruhi researched about the gender related developments of the baby and noticed that her face was extra glowy, her feet would remain cold and that she was only gaining fat around her stomach. 

Ruhi was sitting on the sofa enjoying her wierd snack which consisted of ice cream and yogurt. "Mama apka beta pagal ho gaya hai" ruhi licked clean the spoon and pointed at veer who was deeply in a thought. "Is there some business problem or what veer?" Vihan came and patted his daughter in law's head who glowed extra today. "Papa we are having a baby boy na i am worried that he will steal my biwi from me, you know na how boys are they just want attention of beautiful girls." The three of them stared silently at her and then laughed at him who gulped his saliva. "How can i forget you? You are my biggest baby after all" ruhi spoke lovingly making veer shy and he dumped his head. 

At night 

Ruhi was fast asleep and veer climbed in the bed, for a second he contemplated but then kept a hand on the baby bump "mai janta hun tu mera hi beta hai likin agar tum ne zara bhi free hone ki koshish ki meri biwi k saath phir mai tujhe batao ga tera baap kis jallad ka bacha hai"

[ i know you are my son only but if you try to get free with my wife then i will you which devil's son is your father] 

"Aur han ziada attention seeking karne ki zarorat nahi hai mai kafi hun is kaam k liye, ab tu soja mai bhi so raha hun ooh han yaad rakh tum bhi VEER SINGHANIA k bete ho"

[ and yes dont be a attention seeker your father is enough for this work, now you also sleep i am also sleeping ooh yes remember you are the son of VEER SINGHANIA ] 

Flashback end

"Veer wake up please i am very hungry" ruhi lightly shook veer who woke up in the first attempt "hm?" 

"Hungry" ruhi placed a kiss on his husband's lip who nodded and got up but then frowned "oo bhoki aurat abhi aarav log itna sab kuch lai k toh aai thai ab kyu bhook lagi hai tumhe chalo hato" [ oo you hungry woman just now aarav and the rest brought so much food why are you hungry move now! ] 

"But that was your child who ate na now i am hungry! Please na veer" she clinged to his arm who massaged his temple "i have an important meeting tomorrow ruh i need to sleep yar" ruhi felt bad for him and layed on her side again "i am not hungry anymore you can sleep" her voice came out heavy making veer feel a pang in his heart so he came to her side and picked her up like a princess. 

He settled her on the counter and rolled up his sleeves "what does my princess wants to eat?" He got busy taking out the pans and the utensils "popcorn" veer stopped and nodded. He grabbed the salty flavoured popcorn and plopped them in the microwave. Meanwhile he moved closer to her and parted her legs standing in between the baby bump coming in between yeh toh abhi se beech ki billi ban gaya 

"I deserve a kiss dont i?" 

"Noo shh the baby is awake he can hear you" ruhi acted very serious "h-he is awake at this hour?" Ruhi nodded while veer got puzzled "he told you he is awake?" Ruhi again nodded swinging her legs. "I'll take you with me tomorrow i miss you too much that i cant concentrate" ruhi's pupils dilated and veer knew the popcorn was ready. He emptied the packet in the bowl and added extra salt as per his wife's taste. Veer gagged at his wife's food combination, he grabbed the bottle of honey and ketchup and poured as per her instruction.