Fifteen♡

Ruhi was getting ready to go to her home for the pagphera rasm, she was really excited to visit her parents since she was missing them alot these days she was remembering all the times she would spend with them. Never in her life she had been seperated like this from her parents but as a dutiful daughter she had to part her ways with them. 

She picked her purse and took her phone from the side table sparing a last glance to the room and checked herself in the mirror for the last time and glided down the stairs and found the son and father duo present in the living room with all the files scattered on the coffee table since it was sunday. 

Veer caught a glimpse of blue gliding down the stairs so he closed the file which was in his hand took out his phone and waited for her

Veer caught a glimpse of blue gliding down the stairs so he closed the file which was in his hand took out his phone and waited for her. She was stopped by ashi in the midway who made her wear a gold chain replacing the heavy one ruhi wore cause she knew that this girl doesnt liked to wear heavy things and ruhi was quite grateful for this act of hers. Veer's eyes layed upon the mangalsutra which was tucked under her shirt secured around her neck while the mid partition which was filled with vermillion making a sense of pride fill up his chest. She shared a tight hug with ashi and vihan as well who patted her head making her smile. "I will miss you beta" vihan sadly looked at her "arey papa 2 din ki toh baat hai"

Veer moved outside and ruhi silently followed her similar to the previous rides they both were silent, the ride seemed to have been extended over a mile "when will you come back?" Veer looked at her resting figure but his question made her look at him "after 2 days" she meekly whispered making negative thoughts come in her mind 'why did he asked? What if he goes and visits someone else? Maybe he loves someone thats why he had brought up the contract? My own husband doesnt like me, like huh he doesn want to hear his name from my mouth. What will happen now? Will we stay like this? What if he has a secret affair?' Ruhi's eyes widened at the last thought and her head snapped towards him making veer look at her as well at the sudden snap "speak?" Ruhi shook her head in denial praying for this ride to end.

Veer had dropped her outside the house and went away not even waited for her to go inside 'itni jaldi thi us se milne ki?' She inhaled and exhaled putting up a smile on her face and entered the house. The door closed ruhi entered finding everything dark "mama papa?" The lights turned on and party popppers blasted and her gaze shifted on the cake which was kept in the middle 'welcome back ruu' her parents hugged her all breaking down in cries. Those three were eachothers backbones. Rudra had specially taken off for 2 days so he could give all his precious time to his daughter. They all cut the cake and had a little celebration followed by a lunch and thats when rudra questioned "veer nahi aya?" Ruhi's smiling face dropped but she had replaces a fake smile "urgent kaam agaya tha papa" rudra looked at his wife who understood his signal "guess what! Your papa talked about the art gallary with the investors" roop tried to uplift her mood and succeeded making her jump off the chair and look at his father in pure shock "REALLY?!! IS IT HAPPENING?! MY OWN ART GALLARY?!!!" she jumped around in happiness making rudra and roop smile as they saw their old ruhi back.

At night they all had a movie night and ordered pizza, they binged watched 3 movies just because ruhi persuaded and she didnt wanted to lose any moment to spend time with her parents. Not only this ruhi watched their wedding movie for the 10th time making her happy like a child.

Veer's pov

After dropping of ruhi at her home i went straight to aarav's house where yash and sushant were also present and we all spent the day together and i shifted back to my old routine for these two days. Although i wasnt use to her till now but the house did feel a little different like a piece of puzzle was missing unwantingly she had been the missing piece of the puzzle that gave life to my home.

At night, when i use to lay down and closed my eyes the sight of her in the saree rewinded in my head, she looked exquisitely beautiful that day. The jhumkas in her ears, the bangles that made a sound everytime she passed near me and her expressions at the lunch table when papa and mama tasted the halwa made by her. I wasnt a big fan of sweets so i didnr have it. I opened my eyes and opened the side drawer where i had kept the wedding gift for her, i couldnt gather up the courage to give it to her.

Not forgetting the day of reception when i saw her all bubbly and happy just like the day we met at grandfather's house. I sighed and closed the drawer and rested on the head board, i had to go to italy for a meeting after 3 days although i tried hard to delay it or make it online but the project demanded my presence so it was nearly impossible.

My lips twitched into a small smile remembering her angry face when her halwa turned out to be salty in the first trial. Such a drama queen. Never in my life i allowed a woman to grow closer to my heart, i had closed the gates of my heart long back and now this girl 'my wife' comes into my life and starts spreading all this love making me all confused.

Author's pov

Ruhi was jumping on the couch of the living room screaming in the whole house like a mad woman. Roop was busy in folding the clothes while rudra sat their reading the newspaper with his glasses plugged on.

"Meri koi toh sun le" ruhi fake cried
"Dekh rahai ho na aap dekh lo in sab ko yeh dono pati patni mere khilaaf hai" ruhi looked up at the ceiling putting on a crying face and complained to her god.
"Aise over ho rahi jai jaise hum ne koi zulm kardiya ho" roop pulled her down and set her saree which she was handling with very much effort. She looked at her mother with a angry face her pout evident with the glaring eyes. Ruhi got out of her grasp and again climbed on the sofa "nahi pehnna mujhe yeh ajeeb"she tucked the saree which was falling down from her shoulder "rudra sahab, mai bhi aapki hi beti hun aur bura mat mane ga likin yeh jo aapki biwi haina uper wala maaf hi karai buhat hi bari kayamat hai" ruhi touched her ears getting dramatic.

"Ehm ehm" ruhi turned around and found veer standing there in his formal clothes with his one hand in his pocket looking at her. Ruhi had gone into her own trance drowning in the sea of embaressment so roop pulled her down the sofa making her come back "arey veer beta aao" rudra got up and went towards him "kaise sambhalta hoga bechara tumhe" roop shook her head looking at veer in pity who also pulled a show

 Ruhi had gone into her own trance drowning in the sea of embaressment so roop pulled her down the sofa making her come back "arey veer beta aao" rudra got up and went towards him "kaise sambhalta hoga bechara tumhe" roop shook her head looking at...

Veer ran his eyes up and down her figure which was wrapped in a saree her face having the same angry emotion plastered, it took him a whole two days to digest her earlier saree look but this one was just perfection for him. 

🫶🫶

Here is an update!! I am sorry i got late i was just a little busy with school and stuff but i will try to update quickly quickly so we can enjoy tales of the heart in a flow 🫶 love you all take care and stay safe. 

Donot forget to vote and comment jaans 💃💕