Forty

Ruhi came fresh out of the shower and wore the prettiest saree she owned adding her sindoor, mangalsutra, the bangles and anklet gifted by veer and curled her mid length hair adding some makeup to her pretty face. A squeal left her mouth as she took in her look. Ruhi looked in the mirror passing a flying kiss to her self "slayyy"

A smile formed on her lips as she saw her husband sleeping shirtless in the bed

A smile formed on her lips as she saw her husband sleeping shirtless in the bed. How couldnt she not be happy she was celebrating her husband's birthday today. She moved towards the window and noticed Veer squirming under the blankets. With quiet steps she walked closer to him and gently raked her fingers through his hair, a hum left veer's throat and he reached out for her hand pressing a kiss on it and keept it under his cheeks. He was her big baby afterall.

"Veer uth jai" sweetness and love dripped from her words a small smile came on his lips "aise uthao gi toh uthne ka dil nahi chahe ga biwi" ruhi nodded and the next moment she threw the blanket from him and shook him wildly making him jolt up. "Ab uthne ka dil chahe ga" ruhi smiled mischeviously while veer sat on the bed rubbing his eyes "aise batameez biw-" his words were caught in the middle of his throat he stared at her forgetting to blink. Her beauty was making him drown, the doe eyes filled with kajal making them look more beautiful and enchanting while the red painting her lips made him want to kiss those luscious lips and suck out her soul. He noticed the bangles which made a jingling sound as she brushed her curtain bangs which were falling on her eyes. He couldnt breath it was as if someone had made a goddess stand infront of him, perfect from every aspect.

"How do i look?" She sensed his eyes examining her so she gave him a proper twirl.

Veer got up with a flirteous gaze and held her hand twirling her once more then rested his hands on her waist

"Na poocho husn ki tareef hum se
Muhabbat jis se ho bas wohi haseen lagta hai"

Ruhi scrunched her nose "acha nahi tha" veer's smile fell and he left her and again snuggled in the bed "gandi aurat ho aik number ki baat nahi karna mujh se" ruhi moved forward to uplift his mood but there was on the knock on the door and Vihan peeked his head in the room. Ruhi nodded and both of them came inside with a cake in his hand while veer who hid in the blanket kept mumbling incoherent words.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEER!" all three of them shouted making him come out of the blanket in a flash of second, a wide smile replaced him sad ones and his eyes sparkled looking at the cake "its my birthday?! Thankyouu" he got up and hugged both of them except his wife who knew what he was trying to do "live long bache, may god bless you with happiness and ruhi ka saath forever" veer added further "and some brain to my dumb wife" he earned a smack from vihan in return while ruhi stood there with her cheeks puffed like a balloon. "Meri baho ko kuch mat bolna aur jaldi neeche aao" both of them left and veer looked at his wife who was standing with a sour mood, oh now he knew why she was dressed up it was all for him. A warmth crept in his heart as he strided to her but instead ruhi turned around "ab toh mujh se baat hi nahi kar rahai thai ab kya hua han" she went towards the closet and took out his clothes but veer being veer turned her towards him and pressed a kiss on her forehead and without saying anything he took the clothes from her hand and entered the washroom.