Thirteen♡

Aashi convinced veer to stay at their place till the day of reception so that she could teach ruhi some basic stuff and bond with her a mother in law. After having lunch everyone complimented her halwa and gave her gifts especially her father in law who grew really happy with her presence around. After that vihan and veer had left to work and there were only ruhi and aashi in the house.

Aashi had called Meera, one of veer's friends mother and her friend too. She was a fashion designer and with her help they all decided on ruhi's reception dress. They shared some conversation, had their evening tea and finalized every thing by night. Taking in ruhi's preference the dress was not much heavy but really elegant and beautiful, for now both sat in the living room waiting for the men to return "aap bore nahi hoti akele" ruhi who layed with her head on aashi's lap questioned "hoti hun buhat hoti likin ab tum ab tum aagai hona hum buhat mazah kare gai" she lovingly stroked her hair making her smile "mama kitna bore ho rahi hongi abhi" she sadly smiled remembering her mother, usually at this time she would hopping around her house irritating her mother and complaining to her father; a sad smile formed on her lips.

The door opened and footsteps were heard ruhi got up and ran her hand down the kurti she had recently changed into.

She moved forward and got engulfed in a hug from her father in law "chand ka tukra lag rahi ho" aashi moved forward and took the bag from his hand and they both walked to their room while ruhi stood there gazing at the door waiting for her husband...

She moved forward and got engulfed in a hug from her father in law "chand ka tukra lag rahi ho" aashi moved forward and took the bag from his hand and they both walked to their room while ruhi stood there gazing at the door waiting for her husband to come inside. Veer walked in the house while loosening his tie and then ruffled his hair, his one hand was occupied with a bag which ruhi move forward and took. Veer looked at the henna filled hands which looked beautiful in the maroon and golden bangles and the ring. He drifted his eyes from the hand to her face getting stunned by her beauty; she looked beautiful in everything. Ruhi took the bag from his hands and eyed him to move but the world had stopped for him. "Chalain?" With small steps he started walking and ruhi followed him. Once they reached their room ruhi kept the bag on the couch and looked up to see veer glearing at her.

"What did i do?" She spoke up and moved a step ahead "who took these clothes out?" He pointed towards the clothes which laid on the bed nice and clean "i did" ruhi answered in a confused manner " never do that again understood" he roared in anger making her flinch "its not a big deal" veer closed his eyes and exhaled harshly "you are no one to do these things for me understood! Quit acting all wifey and stuff i dont need anyone doing my work i have been doing since practically i was 8, you donot rule over my life ruhi i didnt even let my parents do that is that clear" he gripped her arm and shook her letting his bubble of anger burst while on the other hand ruhi's heart was beating so fast as if she ran a marathon for her this person was a complete psycho one moment he'll be all nice and stuff and the next he is angry and wanting to stay away. Ruhi's heart felt like shivering from inside, this was the first ever time she had seen her shout this wildly and on such a stupid matter.

She blinked away the tears and tried to free her self from his grip "you are hurting me veer" instead of leaving her he gripped her arm more tightly "donot say my name with this tongue of yours you make me hate it" now this was too much for ruhi, never in her life someone had been so rude with her even her own father who never raised her voice on her. She grew up listening to praises, soft words and gave love but the situation right here was beyond her limits of endurance.

She hung her head low infront of him "ji". Veer left her with a jerk and went to the washroom. Ruhi lifted her head and looked at her petite figure in the mirror "you wanted to marry him, now live" tears ran down her cheek but she wiped them off, with a light hand she rubbed her forearm where veer had grabbed her which was turning into an ugly purple "one down many more to go" she sadly smiled and looked at the closed door.

During the whole dinner ruhi kept a smile on her face as vihan shared about his day and so did ruhi. She didnt even glance at him once and ignored the deadly stares, she didnt wanted to ruin her family time.

After bidding good night to both of her in laws she moved towards the room and quickly change her clothes and made her bed on the couch, her plan was to sleep before veer enters the room and thank god it got partially successful since ruhi was in the couch with her eyes shut trying to sleep.

She felt his eyes on hers, she heard the opening and closing of the bathroom door making her sigh in relief and in no time she slept peacefully on the couch

Veer's pov

I entered the room and found ruhi sleeping or more like acting to sleep on the couch. Her body was shivering due to the temperature of the AC but i didnt budge. After changing when i came out she was sleeping and unknowingly i moved closer to the couch my fingers stroking her soft brown hair "i did say alot today but i dont regret it rooh i am a very bad person maybe it would have been nice if you married him instead of me, i know you loved me but you would have loved him even more" he leaned down and kissed her forehead "its better you maintain a distance with me" with the last glance he moved towards the bed and layed down drowning in his own thoughts.

♡♡♡♡♡

Hope you likes the chapter!! Donot forget to vote and comment yaar kardia karo comment jee phar k masla nahi hai recently there are so less comments pata nahi kyu.

Have great week ahead 🥰