48- Chili: Chapter 48- Chili: The blue of otogi leaves

It was a normal day, trinkets were sold, the wind blew, the birds soared, friends chatted along, letters were exchanged, citizens mourned their loved ones, the sun glowed on the bright yellow trees of Liyue, and the rocky cliffs remained tall and sturdy. Though for Zhongli, an ex-archon and a consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, it was different.

He waved goodbye to one of his closest friends, externally he seemed neutral, but, inside he felt saddened. Maybe it was because he was a mortal that feelings such as these would become stronger and seize his heart and attention, but even so, Childe was leaving, and nothing would change that.

He said he'd be gone for five to six months, maybe even four, surely not much time for someone who's lived more than six thousand years, but Zhongli had already missed the ginger, even with him still in view, waving on the departing boat.

Zhongli watched the boat head to Inazuma, but decided he would surely have better things to do than wait for something that wouldn't come, so he left the dock and arrived at the Funeral Parlor. He didn't knock before entering the overall building, but he did on the Director's door.

"Excuse me, Director Hu?" He asked.

"Mhm?" Hu Tao hummed, gaze quickly turning to Zhongli rather than paperwork.

"May I borrow some mora to buy some paper?" He requested politely.

Something changed in Hu Tao's demeanor.

"Oh? Needing paper to send letters to your beloved Childe already?" She teased.

"Yes, may you gift me my request?" He said.

"Sure! Over there is some spare mora," Hu Tao pointed to a compartment.

"Many thanks," Zhongli nodded.

With the mora, be bought some specialty scented Bamboo Paper. The instant he sat down in his office, he started writing.

Dear Childe,

I have found myself already missing your absence. It has not been a long period of time since you left for Inazuma, but even so, I miss our dinners and conversations, our walks as we chat around several topics. I must say that even though this mission is sudden to your schedule, duty to the Fatui is to be placed over kin and colleagues, and I hope for a successful and fluid mission. Whatever has happened in Inazuma should not be too much of a hassle, especially with your charming personality and friendship with the Traveler, I hope information to be gained easily.

Though this is a short letter, I do hope this brings you happiness to your journey.

Sincerely,

Zhongli.

Consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

With that, he set the letter aside and turned to his boring paperwork.

--

Childe was quickly accustomed to Inazuma fashion, antics, and citizens, as he normally does on his missions. Being in Inazuma felt special though, as though he would only be there once and never return. It might have to do with the fact that Inazuma might possibly go on lockdown again, but that's what Childe is supposed to figure out- on top of locating 6th and 8th Fatui Harbingers.

La Signora is deemed as missing, but Childe was sent to find her- or her body. But Scaramouche was also missing, ever since he got his grimy little (he has very little hands) on the electro gnosis. Childe figured he'd never find the fan of dango.

"Hey mister!" A little kid called.

There was a boy, who tugged relentlessly on Childe's Inazuman robe.