Chapter 14: Journey Of Self-Discovery

Jaxon was at the doorstep with Tiana standing next to him. Both of them were stunned to see Aurora.

Jaxon's mouth was wide open as he said, "I feel like I traveled to some other parallel dimension. What happened to our Aura in just one night?" As Aurora smiled at him, he grinned and walked up to her. "Tell me, who's your fairy godmother?"

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Why will I tell you? It's gonna be my secret."

"Come on, at least, give me some hints. Who did this magic on you?" He nudged her with his elbow.

"All I can tell you is..." She created suspense, which made him lean in to hear with excitement. "Nothing." She stuck out her tongue at him.

Jaxon ran to Davian's side and cried out, "Davian, something has happened to your girlfriend. She is being evil."

Although Aurora's heart panged, she laughed along with others, while Davian smiled awkwardly.

"Jax, introduce this girl to us," Cillian interjected, "We are waiting."

"Oh, right." All eyes went to Tiana, and she started playing with her fingers in nervousness as Jaxon started, "So this is Tiana Earll. She has been a die-hard B4U fan for a long time. She always posts about us on her social media by making beautiful edits and all. I have seen her posts; they are really good and motivating."

"That's great!" Nina chimed in. "Can you show me some fan posts you edited and uploaded on social media as well?"

"Yes, no problem," Tiana's voice was so polite, making Jaxon arch an eyebrow in amusement. He figured out that in reality, Tiana was really shy until she started opening up.

Everyone sat in the living room once their packing was finished and they were ready to depart soon. Ariel decided to sit next to Declan so that Aurora and Davian could sit together.

With no other option, Aurora sat next to Davian, not even sparing one glance at him, who was staring at the white marble floor. Her posture was straight and uncaring as she kept her eyes trained on the interview. Right then, Tiana was getting interviewed by Nina and Cillian and Jaxon was always putting in good words for her.

Declan was happy to get to sit next to Ariel, but once he glanced at the distance between Aurora and Davian, his happiness turned into concern. The two of them seemed like they were on their guard against each other when they both used to feel the safest with each other. He just knew something was wrong, so he took out his phone and texted Ariel since Jaxon was busy with the interview.

Declan: Don't you feel something is off with our Auvian?

Ariel saw the text and replied instantly.

Ariel: Why do you feel that?

Declan: They feel distanced. And Davian wasn't here last night when we cut the cake.

Ariel: To be honest, even I feel that something is wrong. Aura acted differently last night.

Ariel didn't want to meddle, but she couldn't help but feel worried.

Declan: I have a feeling Davian won't talk to me if I ask now. So you can talk to Davian while I will talk to Aura once we go to our next city. What do you say?

Ariel thought for a while. She helped Davian with Aurora's birthday arrangement, so she could ask him about that. There was nothing wrong with it.

Ariel: Sure...