Chapter 13: Makeover Reaction

Ariel ended up giving a new haircut to Aurora. After Ariel was done straightening the uneven parts, it transformed her into a completely new person. Aurora knew her bandmates would be stunned at this. She could already picture Jaxon and Declan's reactions, but...

Would Davian like it? What will be his reaction? He usually compliments me for any positive change. What about this change? As soon as these thoughts occurred to her, she decided to shrug them off.

"There you go." Ariel finished the final touch by brushing her hair and dropping the hairbrush on the dressing table. "Usually, it's called 'New Year, New Me,' but for you, it's 'New Birthday, New Me.' That's kinda cool. And like I said, you look sassy and confident. This look suits you well."

Aurora gave her a grateful smile. "Thank you, Ariel. When I first took up the scissors, it was an impulsive move. But thank goodness, I dodged the bullet and you were awake to fix up my hair. Therefore, thank you, really."

"Anytime!" Ariel was returning her smile when she glanced at the time. "Oh, shoot! Look at the time. It's four in the morning already. Cillian and Aunt will kill us, especially you. You need to look your best for the concerts, you know?"

"Well, there's no point sleeping at this time," Aurora pointed out. "If I take a nap now, I will feel bad when I have to wake up early again."

"I won't sleep anymore then. I will stay awake with you." Even though Ariel promised to not mix up her personal and professional life, she felt that Aurora needed someone and it would not be wise enough to leave her alone. 

Definitely, it was related to Davian—that much she could guess, but she didn't ask Aurora further about it. She didn't want to come off as nosy or intervening too much. It was their personal matter, after all.

Aurora sat on a couch followed by Ariel. "So shall we play something?"

"Yeah, sure. What do you wanna play?"

"How about we play truth and dare? I've got nothing else in my mind."

Ariel twitched her lips with a mischievous look. "Actually, I have a better idea. Let's play spill the tea!"

"Spill the tea? What's this game?" Aurora's interest was piqued. "I've never heard of it. We don't have to make tea at this time of the day, do we? I would much rather prefer coffee."

"No, silly. It's not literally spilling the tea," Ariel giggled.

"Oh, you mean the phrase," Aurora let out, feeling a little shy as her brain was lagging due to all that happened overnight.

"Yes, exactly. It's a really interesting game. We just have to spill the tea about anyone we want to. It will be like exposing a secret we know, but it will stay between us only."

"Oh, you mean gossip?" Aurora seemed to figure it out finally. When Ariel nodded, she asked, "Why couldn't you tell that normally, Ariel?"

She grinned. "I was just messing up with you."

"By the way, I didn't know you were into gossiping. You didn't seem to give that kinda vibe."

"Oh, I love gossip. But I have to maintain that vibe in order to gain people's trust. You have no idea how much tea people spill when they are having their makeup done. So I know a ton of confidential, juicy stuff."

Aurora was totally invested in it, the faint pain in her heart subsided. She grabbed a pillow and placed it on her lap, her elbows resting on them. "Spill it." Her amber eyes glowed with curiosity.