Chapter 9: That Eye-Contact

"Why are there no people except us in this café? Isn't this weird, Jaxon?" Tiana asked Jaxon, as they were sitting on a corner table for two and the entire restaurant was empty. She had always known this place to be a bustling one at this time of the day.

"Because I booked the entire café just for this evening," he simply said.

"Oh, okay." Processing Jaxon's words once again. Her eyes almost popped out of the socket. "You what?"

"I booked the entire café," he repeated, not being bothered at all.

"Oh, my God! Are you crazy? Why did you do that?" she almost shrieked, still not believing it, as if the part where she was having coffee with her favorite star wasn't already unbelievable. It had been hard to keep the grin off her face ever since the last day's concert. But she had schooled her facial expressions to not get exaggerated this evening, but Jaxon's confession just now made her forget all of that.

"I didn't want anyone else to see us together as the consequences could lead to the fans bashing you and making your life miserable. So I had to take this step," he explained to her.

She gaped at his words. "Seriously, Jaxon, what?"

"I... Never mind. Why don't you order something?" He handed her the menu.

She sighed and shook her head in disbelief before looking at the menu. While she did that, Jaxon's eyes trailed over her, thinking that she looked cute in her peach crop top, long white lace cardigan with tassels, and denim shorts. She wasn't the only one who put effort into her outfit. Jaxon did, too. He asked Ariel what the best thing to wear for this evening would be, and she suggested to him a Spanish pink denim jacket, a white inner tee, and black ripped jeans. Unknowingly, they both got the pink touch in their outfits.

Jaxon and Tiana both ordered some snacks and coffee.

"Jaxon, I appreciate whatever you did for me, really. To think you took my well-being into account and arranged all of it means a lot to me," she started speaking once she gained calm composure after her first freak out. "This is probably our last meeting. So whenever you need my help, just drop me a text, okay?"

Jaxon nodded curtly and twitched his lips in curiosity. "Are you actually a true fan of mine, Tiana?"

"Obviously! Why do you ask that?"

"Just wondering. If you were a true fan of mine, you would've been crazier like the first time we met. But it seems like your fangirling is fading away. Is it something I did?" he asked her.

Only if he had an idea of what was going on in her mind. All of this still felt like a dream to her and just last night before sleeping, she pinched herself hard for believing that everything was actually true and that she wasn't living in her fantasy world.

She was putting up her best calm-composed self just not to embarrass herself anymore like their first meeting. But here, her celeb-crush wanted to see her embarrassment. Oh, what a dilemma!

"Actually, to tell you the truth, I am trying very hard to be nice, not bothered by the fact that I am sitting in front of my celeb-crush, and a polite girl," she told him, fighting to stop a grin stretching over my lips.

"I can guess that. But my question is, why? Why are you hiding your true craziness?"

The waiter served their orders and Jaxon started taking a sip of his coffee. It was nothing like his soda, but as long as he had Tiana in front of him, he didn't ever feel the need to drink soda, yet.