Chapter 16: A hangover

En başından başla

'I'm sure that Ron will still follow my orders since he is interested in me. He's aware that he's walking on eggshells right now, so he won't do anything reckless'

Choi Han just stood there silently. Cale saw that, and started to smile as he stood up from his seat.

''Don't think too much. And don't let your guard down around him.''

''...I understand.''

"You can get out now. Are you going to be sleeping until we leave?"

"No. I need to go help Beacrox out."

"Who? Beacrox?"

Cale gasped in shock, and quickly asked.

"Oh, I guess you are close now?"

At that moment, Cale saw Choi Han have a stoic expression for the first time. Choi Han answered very sternly.

"No. We are not close at all."

"Yeah, yeah, if you say so."

Cale responded back with a similar expression on his face, and Choi Han silently bowed before heading out of the room. Cale gave Choi Han an order as he was opening the door to leave.

"Ah. Tell Hans to prepare some drinks on your way out."

"Excuse me?"

Choi Han's eyes opened widely in shock as he looked back at Cale. He looked back and forth at the relaxed Cale and the clock that showed 7:00 am. Cale refreshingly answered Choi Han's silent question.

"Haven't you ever heard of a hangover drink?"

Choi Han left without saying anything else, but Cale did not care. Even On and Hong were looking at him and seemed to be asking if he really was going to start drinking this early, but he also ignored them, and looked into the mirror.

"What a wonderful expression."

His face seemed to be extremely tired, and still slightly drunk. Cale nodded in satisfaction, before heading down to the first floor.

'As I expected.'

7:00 am was early, but the day was not yet over for some people. The Vice Captain was standing there, looking like he had never even drank last night, and was having a serious conversation with someone.

Cale could see a vicious Ron nearby. He was silently staring at Cale, observing him from head to toe.

Cale turned his gaze away from him and sat down at a table.

On and Hong had followed him downstairs. The kittens had smirks on their face as they wagged their tails and peeked at the knight. Anybody could see that they were enjoying this situation.

'...Aren't they becoming a bit vicious too?'

As Cale was thinking about that as the inn owner brought a bottle of alcohol to him.

"Young master, I prepared the same alcohol you drank last night."

"Old man, there is something that keeps coming to my mind whenever I see you."

"Yes?"

Cale smiled at the nervous old man, and continued to speak.

"I think you are a really smart vendor. It's a compliment. This is perfect for a hangover drink."

Pong

The alcohol bottle opened with a refreshing sound, and Cale immediately poured a cup and downed it. His face almost instantly started to turn red. Cale purposefully made his eyes only half opened, and looked toward the Vice Captain. The Vice Captain was still talking to the other knight.

"Yesterday, we had a party to relax after a long journey until here. Everybody was drinking and relaxing. Nobody left the inn. But I still don't understand why someone from the Viscount's estate would be curious about that."
The knight from the Marquis's estate seems to have introduced himself as someone from the Viscount's estate. The knight smiled at the Vice Captain's suspicious gaze, but the knight still answered back with a serious expression.

"There was a thief that broke into the Viscount's villa yesterday. A couple other knights and myself were on guard, but we lost a few items to the thief. After hearing that people from Count Henituse's estate were here in the village, we came to see if the thief had stolen from the Count as well."

'Thief my ass. Well, I guess a dragon thief is a thief as well.'

Cale took a gulp directly from the bottle while thinking about that. At that moment, he made eye contact with the knight who was at the Viscount's villa yesterday.

"What are you looking at?"

The knight immediately bowed and turned his gaze away. The Vice Captain looked toward Cale awkwardly, before letting out a fake cough and then confidently and loudly answering.

"Ahem! Our young master is drinking because his day turns out better if he drinks in the morning. Furthermore, it is a hangover drink. He is the type of person who drinks to cure his hangover caused from drinking too much the night before."

Cale glared at the Vice Captain, because he could not tell whether the Vice Captain was mocking him or coming up with an excuse for him, before taking another drink.

"I see. What an interesting young master."

The knight responded to the Vice Captain's words positively, before respectfully bowing toward Cale.

'I guess this should lessen their suspicion of us.'

Cale felt like they should no longer have any reason to be suspected by the Marquis's knight who came to the inn so early in the morning. The dragon happened to disappear while Cale's envoy was here, and they were leaving the morning after, but there weren't many reasons to suspect them.

Venion's remaining subordinates here will think about the six starred outfits that the attackers were wearing, the ones that seemed to represent a certain organization, as well as the tracks that were leading to the west. Most importantly, however, is that they would never think that someone like Cale, who was called a trash, would be able to do something like that.

"Then I wish you a safe journey as you continue on today."

In addition, there was no way they could hold the eldest son of a Count from leaving when they didn't have the Marquis, Venion, or even the Viscount with them. Especially when that noble was heading to the capital under the order of the crown.

'Who would think that a noble that is drinking on his way to a summons from the crown would be normal?'

It really was good to be trash. Cale continued to drink with satisfaction.

'I'm sure Venion would not suspect us, even after finding out what happened.'

Venion and Marquis Stan were probably the people who knew better than anyone else that there was absolutely no relationship between Count Henituse and the secret organization. That was especially the case when it came to the dragon.

Cale watched the knight leave the inn before drinking the honey lemon tea Hans had put in front of him.

"Hans."

"Yes, young master."

"Honey tea really seems to be the best to cure a hangover."

"Isn't it?"

 Once Cale no longer felt sick from drinking too much, they started on their way once more.

1565 words

To be continued