Chapter 1: One Last Kiss

A thin film of light slowly filtered through the stained-glass windows of the silent bedroom, signaling the dawn of a new day in Sumeru City. It splashed a dull green color on piles of books strewn across a large table with two chairs left askew.

Alhaitham watched the darkness of the past night ebb to the corners of his room as he lay in bed.

He hadn't slept at all. How could he? When the warm, feminine body stirring beside him was bound to leave in a few hours, and that he, despite all the solemn promises they spoke from dawn till dusk, had no say in the matter. The Scribe almost felt offended as the person in question slumbered next to him without a care in the world.

He shifted to cocoon her small, curled-up body, her back facing him. Her scent filled him as he dipped his head to the crook of her neck, one last dose before his addiction moves away. The night gown she wore did little to protect her silky skin from the warmth of his touch and he found himself, once more, exploring her like he'd never done before.

His hand slithered over the slope of her waist, curving low then rising up the hips. It smoothed over her thighs and reached the hem of her night gown. Slipping his hand expertly below the dress, soft, supple skin came into contact with his. The hand continued its adventure between her legs and he discovered, to his amusement, the absence of her undergarments, again. Not that he was decently dressed, himself; all he was wearing was a pair of cotton trousers.

The hand wormed further to her flat stomach and up to the soft buds of her bosom.

Lumine groaned, golden hair falling to the sides of her face as she half-cracked one eye and turned her head to the man behind her.

"Haitham?" she managed to croak with all the vulnerability of someone half-asleep.

The man hummed to her ear as he kneaded her breasts, soft and just the right size to satisfy him. He felt the rush of blood pumping through her heart, picking up a pace. It was singing to him, and his own blood sang back in arias even the Haravatat scholar could not unravel. She was his variable, after all, the only unpredictable person in his life where everything he fashioned was constant.

His desires came unbridled and he started kissing her nape. Fine strands of Lumine's hair tickled his cheeks and he leaned his body forward, bare legs a tangle with hers as he ground his pulsing member between her ass.

"I want to make love to you," he whispered.

"At this hour?" she muttered in a broken voice, eyebrows knitting together.

"Uh-huh."

His groin continued to rub on her. A shiver ran all over her body, and a sharp intake of breath echoed in the room. Soon, her body began to squirm while her hands got busy under the covers of the blanket. He caught one, and when he saw the stringy moisture between her fingers, he completely lost control.

Alhaitham straddled her. "Aren't you supposed to leave early?" He discarded her night gown in one swipe, leaving her completely naked for him to devour. "Think of me as your unconventional alarm clock."

"T-that's-" she whimpered when he grabbed her hand and sucked her moist fingers. Her face flared red as he pinned her wrist over her head and ran kisses over her body.

"H-haitham, y-you can stop now... I'm fully awake."

"Are you sure you want me to stop?" He nibbled at her pink nipples.

She swallowed the lump in her throat. "I guess we still have time."

That was all he needed. Alhaitham pulled out his raging, stiff cock from under the trousers and slid into her pliant body, warm, moist and welcoming. Without the need for any more foreplay, he thrusted into her like a lust-crazed man, heart thundering in his chest. Soft moans and slapping noises filled the room as they made love in the early hours of the morning. They reached the pinnacle of their pleasure at the same moment and he flooded her insides with his seed as she quickened around him, squeezing him of his milk.