waves - chapter 26

Even if their distance had allowed for them to be heard clearly ,eventually they'd fade into mere background noise.

A subconscious act,reminiscent of breathing.The waves flow back and forth.

It's the only thing that can be heard when and if you ever manage to find a place of quiet in this charmingly loud house.

However,now the house would get a little quieter.

"I'm leaving you,take care of my little rascals!" Mark spewed his usual silly remarks.

"Don't forget to lock up,be safe." Jaehyun warned with a stern voice directed to the three of you as he carried the large black bags into the trunk of the car.

"Good luck at the conference." you turned with a smile on your face to both Vernon and Jaehyun but  actual meant it for only one person.

It was noon,the sun at it's peak right above your heads,almost like it was warming your deepest thoughts.

"I could never sit in that car now." Rosé made a squimish face just imagining the hot air that would emit.

"This baby's got AC you know." Mark showed off with a proud expression,contrary to the fact this was the second time he was hyping up someone else's car.

And as a natrual reaction,Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Leave already so we don't have to stand in the heat." she hurried their departure as she felt the sun collect in her black top.

"Yeah,yeah.You better not get into any trouble!" Mark continued with his wacky parent roleplay.

Soon enough,after a long waving session,they're gone.Just like that

The three of you head back into the house,no plan of leaving it any time soon.

The house felt like it was missing something,as if it's inhabitants had died.Their presence,or the lack their of is evident.

Its so unsually quiet.Untill Rosé's loud and clear voice filled the void.

Jennie layed down on the living room sofa and the gray furniture swallowed her up completely. On the other side,Rosé walked over to the kitchen bar to make margaritas,iced to the brim of course.

"Wow who would have thought the house doesn't stink anymore."
Jennie sipped on the margarita as well,making that comment in a serious tone.

You all agree and laugh as the idea of dissing them as soon as they walked out of the door was funny in itself.

You geniunely only felt like being lazy,you can't think of anything better in this moment.

Jennie agreed with you as she  completely relaxed on the couch,doing nothing.

Rosé tried to go along with it as well.Emphasis on tried.

She layed on her back and looked up to the tall ceiling,looking at the details she never would have noticed otherwise.

Like the tiny crack and lines that were the product of time.Even luxurious,it still felt like a home that's been lived in.

Not even a minute later she's already changing her postion and she lies on her stomach,this time her legs played on their own,up and down.

Before you even got to chance to glance at her again,she sat up and started playing with her hair.

At this point she she sighed and threw her head back.
She got up abruptly and the way she spoke would match the same manner.

"Jennie.Curl my hair." she looked down on Jennie,with her lower lip pouted,just a little.

"In this heat?" Jennie gave a serious statement before groaning and rolling her eyes.