shell - chapter 25

You wake up and collect your conciousness,as you looked through the marble window,it revealed somewhat of a contrasting reality to the idea of summer.Clouds are covering the sky,and you don't feel like stripping your skin off from the heat.Using this to your adventage,you guys planned out a nice day trip to the city.

You had thought long and hard what oufit would fit this occasion.Your eyebrows furrowed upon having nothing to wear even after you packed everything you could possibly need.In this situation,being friends with rich girls with too much clothes pays off.You innocently walked over to Rosé and Jennie's room to complain,and before you even reached the climax of your act,Rosé is already lining up possible oufits for you on the bed.

A gorgeous tan dress catches your attention.

"Wait this would go so well!"Rosé in a furry looked through her things to find a necklace.You move your hair out of the way as she puts on a Vivienne Westwood necklace on you.You had thought that you might not ever get to even see it with your own eyes.Let alone see it on yourself.You twirl and admire it atleast a dozen times in the mirror.

Even if you initially didn't plan on getting so dolled up,you figured there will be a lot of photos.Once you're done with makeup and every other miniscule detail,the three of you come out ready after about an hour.

You'd expect the guys to take five minutes to put on the least smelly shirt and run trough their hair with their fingers and call it a day.
But they take almost as long as you,especially Vernon who's always combing his hair and fighting his natrual hair part.

Well,Johnny is the one who ends up embodying the initial description you had in mind.

You go by car and get to the town in about 15 minutes.The sky stars to clear up but there's still a nice wind blowing.
You get to a gorgeous place.It's a modern city but there's a part playing homage to the tradional style with old rock castles and forts.

You felt a presence behind you.Something to heavy to be wind.

"Do you like it so far?" his smile acts faster than his words.

"No." is all you say,trying your hardest not to break a laugh from his dumbfounded face.

He starts to say something but stops,it's like you've completely broken him apart.

"You ask such weird questions." you start to smile after your amuzment seems to go on after a while.
And it doesn't seem as cruel when he starts to laugh too.

"Well,I just wanted to know.How else can I start a conversation?"

"It would get better if you were more frequent with it." you give him an innocent look contrasting your words.

"You're right.Do you want a hear a story from when I was little?"

The intrusive thought to bluntly say no again pops up in your head.But gravity itself seems to push your head down into a nod.

"Well,one time when I was little,me and my parents were visiting on a rainy day just like this one.And I don't remember how young I was.But I asked my father "Where do waves even come from?"Lets just say he told me to keep quiet and pretend to be a foreigner from then on."

You laugh at the thought of him acting so silly,so different compared to the boy that was standing in front of you yet it was still somehow believeable.

You found yourself cherishing this moment,wheter it was him,the scenery or the complete calm you felt.It just felt so pleasant,a feeling you wish could continue to follow you everywhere.

"That does sound like something you'd ask." you tease
"Well that's a first."

The wind starts to blow suddenly,less than a light breeze but more like the type that makes your eyes water.