Chapter 63- Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda' (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Not everyone is like Nick.

"I don't really...thank you?" I'm not exactly sure what to say because this conversation didn't go the way I thought it would. I hate it when conversations don't go the right way.

A thud catches my attention. I quickly turn to the south side of the warehouse and look back at Alyssa. "Where the fuck is Lamson?"

She looks at me with her eyes wide, she stammers a little before saying, "Sasha was supposed to be watching him." 

"Son of a bitch!" I yell, beginning to run to the area where I heard the bang. 

I clench my jaw as anger blurs my vision when I see Sasha on the ground, her forehead bloody with a cracked window above her, and Lamson running. 

"Alyssa! On Sasha! I got the cunt!" I yell, following the cop as quickly as I can. 

My footsteps are loud with suspense as the cop runs down the steps and outside. I follow right on his heel but not quick enough to grab him. Air comes in ice cold as I breathe heavily, my feet smack the ground with every step, and my knuckles are white with how tightly I'm gripping my gun. 

Guess I broke in my fake foot well.

We're running for a while before he takes a right turn and I don't know where he went. "Damn it." I whisper, turning down an alley. 

I have to find him, for Alyssa. I pinky promised I'd bring Beth back, alive. 

I gasp as I almost run into Rick, his breathing just as heavy as mine. 

"Alyssa told me, where is he?"

I look around, "I don't know, he turned and just like disappeared."

He nods to the cop car behind us and says, "Get in."

I nod and run around to the passenger side of the car, Rick climbs in the driver's side and immediately starts the car. The car shakes lightly as the engine rumbles and Rick slams his foot on the gas pedal. 

"Jesus." I whisper, grabbing the handle above me to keep me upright. 

I roll down the window next to me and lean out of it, my gun locked and loaded. I squint my left eye shut and stare through the sights of the pistole. 

"There!" I yell, pointing to a man in a black cop's uniform running down the road. 

Rick grabs the intercom and orders, "Stop. Stop right now." His voice is full of venom and ice. He's pissed and I'm glad I'm not Lamson.

The cop doesn't falter he just continues running as Rick continues saying, "Stop." When the man continues running, Rick groans and says, "I won't ask again." And to no avail, just makes Lamson run faster.

"Hold on." Rick says as he slams on the gas pedal. I grab the handle on the roof of the car as Rick slams the car into the man from behind. 

Lamson screams as he flies forward before slamming his head on the ground. He just lays there, groaning and saying, "Help me."

Rick climbs out of the car and I follow, Lamson is still asking for help as his mouth, ears, and head bleed. 

"You crazy son of a bitch. I think you-I think you broke my back." He's breathing heavily with each word, his voice a little more high-pitched than before. 

"Didn't have to be like this." Rick says, his hand resting on his holstered revolver. "You just had to stop."

"I couldn't." Lamson pants, his body still laying limp on the floor. "I don't know you."