Health and Law 12

"Ohh, don't you think the store looks good over there?! Let's check it out!" Roseanne squeals excitedly, pointing to a store that is full of designer Chanel clothes. Jennie blinked at Roseanne's strong enthusiasm!

Sometimes, why does she feel that she's a babysitter of a hyper ten year old instead of a best friend of a twenty five year old?!

Jennie sighed. "Rosie, I'm bored now..."

"What the fuck?!" Roseanne cursed. "Uhm, I had bought a dress for myself for the engagement, and I still haven't forgot about you so you don't have a say in this."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I have dresses for simplicity, right in my apartment..." She is saying it so slowly as if talking to a child...and it made Roseanne pout.

"Excuse me?" Roseanne gawked. "It is not a simple party, it's the engagement party of Felix Miller, the CEO of Home Touch, and Natalie Clark, the top model of 2023! Girl, you need to steal the spotlight!"

"But I don't want to! I'm going because I am not alone to help me. Besides, what is there to steal the spotlight? I'm not Felix Miller's girl or anything," Jennie whined, her voice hardly above a whisper.

Roseanne stopped walking immediately so bam! Jennie crashed into her and was stumbling back. Roseanne twirled around just in time and held her hand, hoisting the brunette up.

"Rosie!" Jennie snapped angrily. "Why did you stop walking?! Who knows, I will be on my butt sooner than later if you can not keep your eyes up!"

Roseanne blankly blinked, looking behind the brunette. Jennie frowned infuriatingly and looked back, but her annoyance spark once again, seeing no one beside her.

"Rose!" Jennie poked Roseanne's hip and finally obtained the blonde's attention and stared at her, begging for answers.

"S-sorry, I thought I saw Felix for a sec,"

Jennie widened her eyes cautiously, being careful to search the entire surroundings, her heart beating faster, not anticipation, just mere fear. She wasn't ready to even face Felix yet, let alone talk to him for a second after her breakdown.

"Relax Jen, I can practically see your own sweat trickling down your forehead!" The blonde said, grabbing her hand. "Let's buy a dress for you, and buts. Maybe my eyes are just messing with me."

Jennie calmed down, letting Roseanne to pull her over to the Chanel store. There's a thing she hated—letting her friends buy an expensive thing for her even if they're in different status.

"About your words earlier of stealing their spotlight, I totally understand. Let me ask you a a few questions. Do you still like the dumbass Felix? Do you still want Natalie to be your best friend? Have you ever met Felix's parents?"

Jennie frowned, quite stunned by the hurl of questions her way. "I don't love Felix, I have someone to like, I don't want Natalie to be my best friend, I have you, Jim and practically all the doctors. And I certainly never met his parents, ever."

"That dumbass!" Roseanne breathed and they entered the Chanel store, looking for the most prettiest dress for Jennie while a brunette yawns, feeling very bored.

Soon, Roseanne found an extravagant and beautiful dress, it was a white dress with a black bow in front, puffy sequined glittery sleeves that reached a bit above the elbow, and it even had a matching sparkling head band. The dress wasn't that shirt, just up to the knees and it was slightly puffy so it will give Jennie's legs a lot of air. Jennie's mesmerized by it.

"Oh my gosh, yes! This looks so amazing and pretty!" Jennie gushed, immediately falling in love with the dress. Roseanne is happy since Jennie wasn't really the shopping type.

Soon, a text came through.

Which dress are wearing for tomorrow?

Yes folks, the sender is none other than Kim Taehyung and Jennie was squealing deep inside as she showed the text to her blonde friend who squealed alongside her.

I'm not going to tell you! She responded.

But why?! Okay, at least tell me the color so that we could match since we're going as each other's date! He sent a text a few seconds later.

Black and white, make sure with a bow tie! She giggled and after seeing a 'thank you' text from him, she shoved her phone into a pocket.

"Let's stop by at McDonald's." Roseanne said after she got a matching pair of heels for the dress and payed, much to Jennie's dismay. Jennie just nods and grabbed her shopping bags and left the store.

They stopped by at the said food center in a hungry haste and ordered immediately. They just munched on their burgers and sipped their drinks as they talked.

"Gonna be right back, just needs to use the restroom." Jennie stood up while the blonde just waved a hand dismissively.

As Jennie moved the to ladies restroom, she somehow had an unsettling feeling in her stomach like something unexpected is going to happen. She did her business and washed her hands. She walked out of the bathroom, peering down the silent hall...

Suddenly, a large hand covered her mouth as the person dragged her away. She was screaming and struggling but the person really had a amazing strong hold on her.

She felt herself levitating into the air and is then surrounded by softness. She felt the hand leaving her mouth as something slammed shut. She blinked quickly, and realized she's in a fancy looking car.

"What the..." She wasn't able to finish the sentence when another door opened and she was met face-to-face with familiar sky blue eyes and a head full of flaming red hair.

"FELIX MILLER, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! WHY DID YOU KIDNAP ME?!" Jennie screamed, frustrated as she puffed her cheeks unknowingly.

"I need to talk to you! For your information, I didn't kidnap you, we're still in front of the mall!" Felix yelled at her and she stayed quiet, crossing her arms.

"Five minutes. Just five minutes. Hurry up, time is ticking otherwise Rosie will be looking for me." She warned, tapping the screen of her watch, looking at him with hardened features.

"Look, five minutes aren't enough for—"

"Four minutes." Jennie interjected.

"—anything I'm about to say," Felix continues, ignoring Jennie's interjection. "I am really sorry for the pain I caused—no, I and Natalie caused. I know it's not fun and all, and I've lived in guilt for five whole years. I kept looking over for you, but damn, you're hiding your tracks very well. When Natalie mentioned you for the sonography, I felt free, like as if a burden had escaped my shoulders, knowing that I'll be able to fix things with you so here we are now."

Jennie stayed quiet, the tip of her index finger still laying on her watch. She wasn't feeling anything, practically nothing at all as if she's a robot.

"I know it's stupid to say this, but I think I still—" Felix tried to say something but he was cut off by a smack across the face.

"How dare you?! Don't even say these so called words out of your stinking mouth! Why can't you just leave me alone?! I like someone else and better get that into your small tiny brain!" Jennie fumed, getting out of the car, and kicking it to vent her anger and the car honked, though Felix was just staring into space.

As Jennie's silhouette was moving away from him, he found a realization—He has fully and completely lost Jennie Kim for all eternity.