Health and Law 8

Jennie walked out of the surgery room in a happy haste, dressed in scrubs, and her hand was covered with gloves, stained in blood. She removed the surgical mask as she faced a man.

"Congratulations sir, your wife has a very good surgery. Your wife will be in the ICU. Your baby is a bit weak now so he will be in incubator." Jennie smiled as the man smiled big, thanking her. She removed her scrub.

"Great job, Jennie. I knew surgeries won't ever go wrong with you!" Roseanne said excitedly, rushing out of her scrub. "Eeek, I think I have blood in my blonde locks!"

Jennie was smiling then but it dropped off her face at Roseanne's last sentence, and her heart was full of sadness as her mind thought of a blonde.

Roseanne noticed Jennie's mood change...she waited until they entered her office as she looked at her intently.

"Jennie, any problem?" Roseanne raised a brown as Jennie ignored her question and sat down on her seat, opening a file.

"Yeah, no problem." Jennie answers. Her voice wasn't cold but wasn't that warm as well. She couldn't even believe Taehyung had just a big impact on her!

"You're lying." Roseanne's eyes turned into slits and didn't even look towards her boyfriend as he entered the room with the takeaway from McDonald's.

"Woah," Jimin's lips parted in confusion, as he undoubtedly sensed the tension in the room. "What's going on?"

"Apparently, our Jen is dealing with a big crush on someone." Roseanne said, words full of sarcasm as the brunette glared at her, feeling Jimin's stare on her, begging her to tell him the truth.

Roseanne told Jimin everything, and the look on his face at the end was priceless!! He has never expected Jennie to have a crush on Kim Taehyung! His best friend from high school!

"Wow." He was speechless. "But Britney is just a piece of crap, and definitely isn't the ideal type of Taehyung even if they're both lawyers and high class people."

"I'm tired of this!" Jennie cried out, and stood abruptly while Roseanne and Jimin stared at her in pure shock, not expecting her to rest like that.

"Why are you both so adamant that we'll be together?! We're different and I'm not his ideal type at all! He's rich and I'm so ordinary!" Jennie sucked in a deep breath as she tried hard not to cry. "Maybe having a crush on him was a terrible mistake!"

"It is not!" Roseanne yells at her. "You can not stop your attraction towards him in a million years until you find another man! Jennie, just you're ordinary and he is just a wealthy man doesn't mean you can't be together! Remember not all rich families are rich from the start! Opposites attracts and it's a truthful fact! Even if Britney is the same as him, I knew he'll never like her! Why can't you see the whole point?! Every single day and night, I was worried because after Felix's betrayal, I thought if you'll find someone else, you'll completely forget about Felix but with Natalie's entry to our lives, I feel like life is playing a joke on you for real..."

Jennie stayed quiet, biting her lip quite a bit harshly. She had no idea what to do in this situation now, forget Taehyung or not?

Jere knocked on the door and came in the cabin with a huge bouquet of roses, which is Jennie's favorite flowers.

"This is for you, Doctor Jennie." He said, while Jennie stared at the flowers. All her private information is not really told to a lot people so who could've sent this?

"Just throw it away." Jennie mutters. She has a few admirers in the hospital so she's not that surprised.

"But Doctor Jennie, a blonde with darkish hazel eyes told me to give you this even if you don't want it." Jere stated and Jennie immediately took the bouquet, much to everyone's shock.

"Thank you. You can go now," Jennie says and Jere left the room. Jennie got a vase, spotting a pink card in the flowers.

She took it and opened it, and was met by a beautiful handwriting. It says:

Dear Jennie,

I know we had just met four days ago and really haven't talked much but I wanted to explain about my sudden attitude towards you yesterday so can you meet me up on the roof as soon as you get this message.

- Taehyung

P.S for the flowers, I got them by talking to Yoongi. Easy peasy isn't it? :)

Jennie blinked feeling happy and excited. She couldn't even believe this is from the hazel eyed blonde himself, it's cheesy and it's different from his nature, but getting confirmation from Jimin that this is the blonde's handwriting, butterflies flutters in her stomach instantly as she packed all the flowers into the vase.

She immediately left the cabin, going up the stairs in an excited haste. Her heart was thundering when she got the floor where the roof was. She opened the door, and felt the breeze flowing through her hair.

She caught sight of the familiar muscular body and instantly walked over to him, her flip-flaps causing a squelch sound on the cemented roof. He tensed and turned around.

"Wow, I didn't expect Kim Taehyung, one of the best known lawyers to send me the most cheesiest note or a bouquet of my favorite flowers." She smirked teasingly. Taehyung just looked down with a small smile, pink hues dusting his cheeks.

Oh my god, who knew he looks so cute if he's shy like this! Jennie thought, keeping her goofy big grin on her face. She licked her lips.

"About my behavior towards you, I know it's bad but I somehow needed to do so..." Taehyung looked up shrugging. "Britney is just admiring me to the point she felt like she loves me or something. But now we're friends."

"Britney? As the girl who looked at me like she achieved something great?! That girl?!" Jennie raised a brow, greatly and largely amused.

Taehyung nods and Jennie couldn't help but starts laughing so hard tears spilled out of her eyes while Taehyung stayed rooted to the ground with an awkward smile on his face.

Jennie calms down. "Sorry I shouldn't have laughed like that but your way of explaining is just funny!"

Taehyung felt butterflies. "Now that you are done laughing like I'm mentally stupid or something..."

"Hey!" Jennie exclaimed, cutting him off. "I said I was sorry, y'know! It's funny!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, visibly amused. "Anyway, sorry for my behavior." Jennie stared at him before shrugging, leaning against the rail beside him, their shoes nearly brushing.

After a long time of staring into space, she then asked a sudden question. "Taehyung, what are we?"

Taehyung looked at her, flabbergasted all of a sort. He bit his lower lip, this was the chance to ask her to be friends. He really never felt nervous aside from the court in his whole life!

"Friends?" He confidently asked.

Jennie poked her inner cheek with her tongue, looking into space and somehow enjoying the flutters in her stomach when she heard he wanted to be friends with her!

"Friends." She stated slowly, looking at him with a massive grin on her face, and followed by increased heartbeats.

They found peace and solace in each other's eyes and they'll find it fit in that way.

...

This better be one of my favorite chapters to far. Get ready for the next chapter, it's time for the sonography!