Health and Law 10

"Doctor Jennie, no reaction?" Natalie was smirking like a reincarnation of satan. It seems like her smirk bugged the brunette and the redhead out.

"How many TIMES must've I told you I'm not going after Mr. Miller ever again!" The brunette shouted, feeling her patience just running out in a matter of a few seconds.

"How DARE you?! Do you know who am I or should I tell you?!" Natalie fumes about to slap Jennie but Felix caught her hand...

The two ladies widened their eyes, both in shock and surprise. Natalie frowned, eyes darting towards his iron grip on her hand.

"F-Felix...I-I-I...it wasn't my fault! S-she.." Natalie stutters, going pale, and trying to stable her breathing.

"Natalie, just leave her alone, isn't that a simple thing to do?!" Felix roared at her, face going red as he let go of Natalie who was gaping in shock and pure hurt.

He turned to Jennie. "Sorry about that."

Jennie just blinked emotionlessly. He was looking really sincere so she just shrugged and started to get everything ready for the sonography. As she was going so, under the preying eyes of the two people in the room, her phone ranged.

In another life,

I would be your girl

We'd keep our promises

Be us against the world...

Jennie gulped, flushing red as Felix bored his amused eyes on, something she hated. Damn, stop looking at me like that! She's screamed in her mind, as she realized how the lyrics which was blaring out somehow defined her and Felix's horrible fate...

She took a look at the ID: Cute Lawyer😂

Okay, adding the laughing-tearing emoji was just wrong! But she never cared since she had goddamned long life to live! She immediately grinned and answered the call, the screen pressed to her ear and her head was tilted to the side in order to balance the phone on her shoulder.

Felix scrutinized Jennie's reaction and he felt an enormous pain spreading through his heart; he obviously peeked-saw-the ID just in time before Jennie answered the call.

Why am I feeling this?! He thought as he had one confirmation-he is jealous. He's always these type of over possessive and overprotective boyfriends out there even dating Jennie five years ago, and she was never scared of him, just laughing it off as if it was nothing.

Somehow, it irked him badly and he took a harsh gulp, his Adam apple bobbing up and down; Natalie was just busy taking a few pics of herself to post on Instagram.

Felix knew Cute Lawyer😂 isn't Yoongi at all. He was her ex, and he obviously knew everybody's contact names on her phone so he never heard of this Cute Lawyer😂!

Did she actually moved on just like how she said? So she wasn't lying?! He then thought, fully regretting that he lost her, she was the perfect woman for him but he never knew...

Meanwhile, Jennie was smiling hard, and her back was facing the other two people. She never even expected Taehyung to call.

"Jennie, why haven't you answer my calls at all? I was getting worried and was then contemplating whether to come over or not!" Taehyung exclaimed from the other line from the phone, some chattering in the background so Jennie assumed he is at work.

"Sorry, had to deal with some people from my past." She choked out tearfully, feeling good that she somehow had somebody to pour her feelings out.

Taehyung frowned from the other side of the phone. He wasn't at all so close to the brunette to know about her past, but him, with his high IQ, knew Jennie wasn't at all a simple girl to begin with.

"Uh, sorry, I'm not really the type to give a comforting word or something, but I knew you'll be able to face them, fight them, you are not Jennie Kim if you don't have the courage to do these!" Taehyung said, and a smile finally blossomed on Jennie's face.

Felix fumed inwardly, knowing she's very happy with that Cute Lawyer! He needed to know who is the man! He needs to act fast!

"By the way, you haven't uhm...give me an answer to be my date to the engagement.." Taehyung gulps nervously, beginning to sweat as he awaits for Jennie's answer.

"Yeah, sure, I would've love to but right now, I am busy so talk later!" She exclaim a bit loudly and ended the phone without even waiting for his goodbye! She turned to an impatient Natalie and a fuming Felix.

What's his problem?! It's like as if I made him angry judging by that look he's busy giving! Jennie scrunched up her nose as she glared back at him, smirking a bit and Felix seemed annoyed.

"Okay, Mrs Miller, seat here." Jennie said and Felix carefully sat Natalie down and somehow didn't notice Jennie looking at him, even if he never treated me good at the end, I'm a little bit happy he's taking care of Natalie these five years...

"The gel is a bit cold." Jennie warns with a half-hearted smile as she sat on a stool by the monitor, next to the chair which Natalie is seating on.

She put a blob of gel on the center of the abdomen, and placed the transducer on it. Natalie hissed a bit but Jennie ignored as she licked her lips, moving the probe on the bulging belly, eyes fixated on the white and black screen.

"Okay, that's your baby." Jennie pointed to a tiny figure of a human. "Let me see if I can see whether he's a boy or a girl..."

Her tongue poked out in concentration as her brows furrowed. However, she didn't know Felix was admiring her. She was so the same as before.

"Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Miller, you are having a boy!" Jennie exclaims with an indifferent tone, still keeping that half-hearted smile on her baby face.

Felix and Natalie smiled to each other in a happy face and Jennie stared at them, as she felt a familiar twinge of pain in her heart. She frowned, she moved on...

She printed the picture of the growing big fetus and explained what was needed in a case like pregnancy.

"You're still coming to the engagement?" Natalie asks as she shoved the sonography file into Felix's arms quite harshly. Jennie  just shrugged, smirking coldly.

Natalie scoffs, and exited the room. Felix is just standing there like an idiot while they just stared into each other's eyes...

"Jennie, I...just wanted to say I'm sorry...for what I did to you five years ago..." He stammered, fidgeting a bit.

"Don't you have any shame?!" Jennie just laughs bitterly. "Will a simple 'sorry' fixed the pain you caused me five years ago?! It will never be fixed!"

Felix shuts his eyes, not expecting this. He sighed, opened his mouth and simply left the room. Jennie stood up, hef kegs just shaking.

In a minute, she slumped down on the floor, letting the tears run out as she then cradled herself just in time as Roseanne came in, ready to comfort her.

"Jennie, past is past, and move on..."

Roseanne's words rang out in her mind.