Twenty-Three

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭⚢⚢

"Do you want something to drink?" Alice asked me while pouring herself some punch into a red solo cup for the 3rd time. I nodded while looking around the beach. There was people everywhere. The bomb fire was packed so there was no room to sit and relax by it and I could feel the chilly wind picking up already.

"Here, I think it's spiked but I'm not sure so don't drink too much. I don't wanna have to drag you down the beach to get home." She warned. I took the cup from her hands and sniffed it but the strawberry smell was too strong to notice any other smell.

"Thanks, hey do you know where your mom went?" Alice stopped sipping on her drink before slowly turning towards me with a look on her face I couldn't recognize.

"No, no I don't but you can talk to her after the party about whatever but first let's dance!" She shouted over the music. I drank the rest of what was left in my cup before tossing it into the trash bag beside the table. Alice did the same before she grabbed my hand and led me into the crowd of dancing bodies until she stopped when we were in the middle and out of sight.

She pulled me close to her then placed her chin on my shoulder before sighing. "Dance with me baby." She whispered before kissing my neck and biting my shoulder gently leaving small bite marks behind that would soon fade.

She turned around and started grinding on my front slowly while resting her body on me and placing my hands on her hips. She guided her hands to my neck as she held onto it tightly while starring up at me with innocent eyes.

I think the punch may have been a little spiked or maybe this is just her.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked while she placed her hands gently against my cheek.

"I'm positive."

My hands rested on her waist. The thin layer of cotton beneath my fingers felt comforting while her hands gently held my face. If only the moment could have lasted. Which it would have if some idiot wouldn't have spilled his drink on me.

"Oh my bad, I guess I had a little too much to drink. I started thinking your friend here was my daughter." He laughed loudly before smiling lazily. He was drunk as hell.

I looked at Alice who had a horrified look on her face as she starred at the blonde tanned skinned man. His hair was unkept while his face had been slightly bruised from god knows what but through the bruises he looked similar.

"It's okay, get home safe and sober up." I suggested before grabbing Alice's hand and pulling her through the crowd as she starred at the ground like it was the most interesting thing. Her expression was blank.

"August.." she whispered.

"Yeah?" I asked while still leading us out of the huge crowd for a place to get away from all the noise.

"I don't feel so good.." I stopped and turned around to look at her. She was pale as a ghost.

"Alice, hey can you look at me? Look at me Alice." She lazily looked up at me before blinking slowly.

"I need to sit down, I think I'm gonna pass-" her body went limp in my arms as she passed out. Oh shit. I picked her up bridal style before pushing through the crowd. I need water and a place to lay her down at.

You're gonna be okay Alice.

After I finally made it out of the sea of people I stole a towel off of the benches and laid it down with one hand on the beach for Alice to lay on. I laid her gently on the beach towel before pulling her hair up into a pony tail with one of the hair ties on her wrist. I couldn't leave her alone like this.