Twenty-One

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞❦❦

I was starting to miss the feeling of August in my arms when we got inside the car. She felt so far away when she was actually right next to me in the third row of the car our parents had rented out together. Sasha was driving while my mom sat in the passenger seat since Matt had planned to sleep throughout the trip so he took the second row, Already thirty minutes in he was snoring as loud as a bear.

"Are y'all comfortable back there?" My mom asked with a small smile on her face. I was happy she was finally able to get out of work to do something she'd enjoy and it was very visible how much she had been ready for this break.

"Yeah it's a little crammed but we're fine." I smiled as I adjusted the seat belt a little before looking back at her, She nodded and turned around before turning up the radio. August had been quiet ever since I accidentally pushed her against the car when I was handing her my bags.

She was looking out the window on the opposite side of the car before she caught me staring at her. She licked her lips before looking down at mine and back up at me. She went to say something but just placed her hand on my thigh and gave it a tight squeeze before whispering if this was okay. I nodded as my gaze turned to the front to check if there was any lingering eyes, when no one was looking at us I placed my hand on top of hers.

She smiled at me while her thumb rubbed me gently while the veins in her hands were very visible making me gulp. I've always had a thing for veiny hands especially hers no wonder I always catch myself looking at them in class. Her smirk was also visible when she basically caught me drooling making my core throb.

"Hey are y'all thirsty?" My mom asked making me jump even though she couldn't see behind the seats. Her eyebrows were raised as she starred at us suspiciously before asking if we were thirsty again as if it had a double meaning.

"No we're okay, we have water back here." August said with a smile as if she hadn't just been squeezing my thigh with many intentions.

"If yall get hungry or anything just ask." Sasha said while looking at us through rear view mirror. When they turned their attention away from us I let out a small sigh of relief but August on the other hand had a big sly grin on her face.

"Keep your hands to yourself for the rest of the ride or else." I warned in a whisper while rolling my eyes and glaring at her. She tilted her head to the side before smirking sinisterly.

"I'm serious August, I don't want to get caught." I whispered. She pretended to not hear me but I know she did by the way she smiled and turned away.

As the silence consumed the car besides the back and forth chatter between our moms and Matt's dramatic snores, I remembered the book I brought and planned to finish by the end of the trip. It was about two women who were hopelessly in love with each other but neither could admit it especially with their age difference and the other's husband being a complete dick.

I'm also pretty sure there's some spicy scenes so I'm kind of looking forward to that but also the build up and all the intense moments. I've always been a sucker for slow burns especially when the two hate each other to the point it hurts, maybe that's psychotic but to me sometimes the worst pain is love and I find it beautiful beyond many other things. Thankfully though the cover wasn't anything that would out me if someone saw me reading it.

My fingers brushed the smooth cover while outlining the letters that were slightly raised. I loved both the feeling of a new book and the smell, it brought me comfort. My nails tapped the cover as I glanced over at August who was starting to fall asleep causing her body to slump on to my shoulder. Her legs were crossed and the same question I had been asking myself many times is how she crosses them so comfortably. Her hands were wrapped around her frog that we made together, it still had its little clothes covering their small body.