Fifteen

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭
⚢⚢

"Alice?" I muttered. She's been quiet for a few minutes now and it has me worried, did she regret the kiss? My stomach churned at the thought.

What if she regrets it and never wants to see me again. I tried not to show the panic in my eyes as I stood a few inches away from her while her back was turned towards me.

"Are you okay?" I cleared my throat. I slowly made my way towards her before placing my hand on her shoulder making her tense up. "I'm just really overwhelmed.. do you mind if I go home to clear my head?" She kept her head turned away from me but something was telling me to make her look at me. I gently grabbed her jaw before turning her face towards me and my gut was right, her mascara had been smudged and she had tears welling up in her eyes.

"What's wrong Alice, don't shut me out please." She sighed as she wiped her eyes with her fingers. "I can't right now but I promise I will when I'm ready okay? I just need to clear my head." I nodded.

"Let me give you a ride at least." She shook her head no. "My mom is still here so I'll just get her to take me mom, I'll be okay I just need some time to think about everything that just happened."

She started walking off but I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me. I held her there for a few seconds before whispering in her ear. "Just take your time love, I'm not going anywhere." I kissed her forehead. She had a small smile on her face as she pulled away from me and left the room.

"Breathe August.. just give her time." I let out a breath before laying back on my bed.

Everything is gonna be okay.

Right..?

"Auggie..?" A small voice said. I looked to the side and notice a small brown eyed 6 year old with a toothy grin on her face as her small hands held onto a teddy bear half her size.

I jumped off of my bed and grabbed her in my arms before spinning her in the air as she giggled loudly.

"I missed you so much and look at how big you've grown sweet heart." She smiled widely revealing her missing front teeth. "Look I lost them!"

"I see that, now I get to call you toothless." She glared at me before punching my shoulder, I faked feeling hurt causing her to giggle.

"Auggie? Who was that pretty girl that left your room?" I chuckled as I sat her on the bed gently.

"That pretty girl was a friend of mine." I winked. She smiled revealing her small dimples. She's so freaking cute, makes me want my own kid someday.

"She looked sad when she left, is she okay?" I patted her head.

"She's just feeling overwhelmed with a few things but she'll be okay. How about your mom is she doing okay from the new baby?" Her eyes lit up rather quickly.

"Yes! My little brother is so cute I just love him so much!" I laughed at her enthusiasm. Sophie was gonna be staying here while her mom recovered from the pregnancy which I didn't mind I loved this little bug. She was like my own little sister that I sadly could never have due to my mom's pregnancy problems so we all love when she's here.

"He's bald you know. I mean I support his choice in hair style but it's rather distracting." My eyes widened.

"Sophie.. babies can't pick their hair when they're born they have to grow it like we do." I'm pretty sure that got the gears in her brain working cause I've never seen any child's eyes look like this and it honestly was starting to freak me out.

"Wait so we're all bald when we're born?!" I covered my ears at her squeaky scream whilst nodding.

"He will grow more hair than you one day don't worry." She rolled her eyes. Her attitude was something she wore so well for a little kid. She was just like my aunt.