Chapter 16

A woman in her teens was sat at the libraries front desk like she always was. Kazemi remembers the witch vividly, the amount of times she kicked her out was more than the amount of times that Kazemi skipped school and that was saying something considering her attendance was at 2% one time. How that was even possible was beyond her.

It was almost as though the woman sensed her presence when her head snapped away from the paperwork she was looking at as their gazes locked together

"Miss Kimiko." Kazemi greets as the woman narrows her eye.

"Little demon brat." Kimiko lips curl up into a sneer. "Off to feed on the souls of the innocent?"

"Not today Miss Kimiko though I must admit I am craving some." She jokes as the woman rolls her eyes.

Kimiko was in her late teens and started her job around four years ago as soon as she graduated from the academy. She had short light brown hair and light brown eyes that almost looked golden, something Kazemi swears up and down is a kekkei genkai with the way she seems to look into peoples souls.

"Anyway, I'm just checking into the library to get a book. It's in one of the more restricted areas so I kinda need the keys." She says as the woman grumbles.

"Got the permission slips?" Kimiko asks with a bored expression.

"You know I do Miss Kimiko, don't be a stubborn old bat, you're only 16 and I'm already seeing wrinkles." She mocks but gives her the paperwork which was promptly snatched from her hand.

"Little witch." The brunette mumbled under her breath with a look of disgust. "Fine fine, it looks authentic enough. Here's the keys, don't loose them you--"

"Right, thanks Miss Kimiko, bye!"

The teen scoffed. "Give the keys back by closing hour brat or you're getting locked in! And don't touch a clans forbidden section unless you want to die!" She yelled but Kazemi was already gone.

-----

Kazemi stared at her summon. Shimei stared back, it's little raven eyes bore into her skin as though it had a sharingan and was attempting to set her on fire.

"Well this is...interesting." The raven muttered as it looked at the note in her hand. "I didn't think she'd accept the offer."

"Of course she would. Fūka may hate Konoha but she still cares for her clan." She informs the raven that scoffs.

"And for no good reason to. You Uzumaki, carrying loyalty like a lifeline simply because of your blood. Us ravens feast on the blood of families." Shimei says with pride, as though cannibalising your family was a complete normal thing to do. "Oh, what's that book?"

Her eyes wander to the thick book on the table. "It's just a little insurance." She informs the raven who caws at her.

"That's not an answer summoner."

The blond smiles. "No, no it is not."

...

Sasuke looked as though he had somehow encountered his brother in the forest of death. She tells him as much.

"You look like shit." Kazemi marvelled.

Sasuke glared at her but before he could say something Kakashi cut in. "Language, Kazemi." He scolds her lightly.

"Right right." She waves him off before directing her attention onto the red haired girl who she's has never seen before. "And you are?"

The girl fidgets nervously. "Is it true your last name is Uzumaki?" She blurts out suddenly.