49 | W I S E L Y

"She's the reason I don't let myself lose control

"She's the reason I don't let myself lose control."

"Peter"

"That's when I knew I had to change."

"Peter"

"For her"

"Peter"

"To be the father my own never was."

"Peter"

Startled, the man tenses as he feels a hand on his shoulder. Blinking hard, his vision begins to clear as his past memories disappear from his mind. Furrowing his eyebrows, the man's expression turns to confusion as he sees his nephew kneeling down in front of him with a frown on his face.

"What?" Peter questions before turning his attention towards his sleeping goddaughter.

When Melissa realised Aria's magic was unpredictable, she decided to have her discharged from the hospital to keep her and everybody else safe. This then led to the conversation about where she would stay and after much hesitation, he agreed for her to stay at Derek's apartment.

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes." Derek sighs as he stands up "Are you alright?" He questions with a hint of concern in his voice.

Peter takes a deep breath as he sharply nods his head, "I'm fine." He states firmly as he avoids eye contact with his nephew.

"Bullshit" Derek comments shaking his head, he could sense this whole situation was hitting his uncle hard.

While he himself was still shocked by her appearance and was trying to process her being alive this whole time. Peter had years of memories with Evie and the Mikaelson's that he could still remember, especially when she was pregnant. The news of their deaths and Nic's killing spree of madness was always crazy for him to believe and now sixteen years later to be watching over the girl who is supposed to be dead as she sleeps, Derek knew Peter was secretly hurting, he just didn't want anyone to see him weak.

"For once, I have nothing to say." Peter whispers, his voice strained.

The man was speechless, Aria was dead and now she was right in front of him. He couldn't help but look back on his own actions. When the rest of his family was killed in another fire, he decided to take Nic's path and become the Villian even if he didn't mean too.

Maybe if he didn't give up so quickly, maybe if he had chosen a different path maybe things would have worked out different. Like Aria growing up with his family like it should have been from the beginning.

Derek open's his mouth to reply when a loud bang interrupts him, heavily sighing the man walks towards his apartment door. As he reaches forward, the door swings open revealing two boys who stumble in their steps and fall to the floor.