46 | S O M E T H I N G

To most of the population, stories of the supernatural were just that

To most of the population, stories of the supernatural were just that. Stories. Over the years it was known for different versions to have been told, like Mystic Falls, which was well known with the founding families and the historical past involving vampires, werewolves, and witches which only some knew of.

There was another place, a town suffering from the fall of the Royal Family too.

With no Queen on the throne, it was inevitable that some would rebel, with no punishment for their crime they didn't care about their actions. Some even go as far as to kill for power. It seems sometimes fate likes to work in mysterious ways and this time it only took one thing for everything to change for this town.

A howl.

"So, Caitlin, you and Emily were the two of you drinking?" A police officer asks sitting down next to a frightened girl.

At the sheriff's station, they had revied a frantic call from a girl who had been camping in the woods about how her friend has disappeared before screaming for help as there was a girl with glowing eyes and fangs running towards her.

"No, no." Caitlin shakes her head, tightening her hands around the blanket as she keeps looking at the fire.

"Anything else?" the officer questions.

"Caitlin?"

The girl nibbles on her bottom lip "We split a tab of X." she confesses.

The Sheriff nods his head in understanding "Well, MDMA can cause hallucinations, and it could have been laced with something, too."

The man knew that something was obviously going on in his town due to how many unexplainable deaths had occurred recently, But fangs and glowing eyes? That was a little extreme for him to actually wrap his head around and believe.

Caitlin dryly chuckles "You think I hallucinated." She wasn't stupid and knew she most likely sounded crazy with what she was saying but it was the truth, and it did truly happen.

"You think you saw a girl with glowing eyes and fangs?" The sheriff questions with a raised eyebrow not convinced at all.

"And Claws" Caitlin adds with a whisper wiping the tears from her cheek.

The sheriff sighs placing a hand on the girl's shoulder "Hey, we're gonna get you to the hospital to figure out exactly what it was that you took."

Caitlin sniffles "What about the other three? The three guys?" she questions looking at the sheriff.

"We'll need better descriptions of them too." The police officer speaks up before walking a few feet away to talk in private with the sheriff.

"Let's get an APB out on Emily. The other girl too as soon as we get something better than claws and fangs." The man orders out instructions.