23 | T E Q U I L L A

With one thought in Aria's mind, she marches straight into the Mystic Grill, observing her surrounding's she looks towards the bar and grins

With one thought in Aria's mind, she marches straight into the Mystic Grill, observing her surrounding's she looks towards the bar and grins. Not breaking her confident walk to get to the bar, she deeply sighs sitting on the stool.

"Two shots of tequila. Thanks." Aria drops the books and files from her hands onto the counter in front of her.

Matt, who was working behind the bar today was in conversation with Tyler, hearing the familiar voice of his favourite Gilbert. He raises an eyebrow at her order.

"You are joking? Right?" Matt asks.

Tyler bursts out laughing when they see the serious expression on her face "Ria you are fifteen" he states.

Aria looks towards them in confusion "So?"

"Aria. You just asked me to serve you tequila. But not just one shot you said two." Matt slowly says to her.

"Okay?" Aria furrows her eyebrows.

"Not happening." Tyler crosses his arms over his chest making the girl pout.

"But why?" she whines.

"Why would you need to drink something like that Ri?" Matt softly questions her wanting to know what caused her to drink at eleven in the morning.

Aria drops the file she was reading and looks up to the two boys who have always acted like older brothers and gives them a fake smile which they noticed.

"Oh boys, you guys have missed a lot." She says dramatically but Matt and Tyler could hear the sadness in her tone.

Tyler nods his head "I could tell by the fact that you attended every lesson for the full week." 

Matt's eyes widen "You stayed in class for the full week."

Aria nods her head "Yup."

"So, what's been going on Little Ria?" Tyler questions her.

Aria sighs looking up from reading the papers "Where would you like me to start...." she trails off

"The fact that I'm biologically not related to Jeremy or the fact that Elena was adopted. Or maybe the reason I was in a class all week is that if I miss any more classes then Mr. Grumpy with fail me due to low attendance."

Aria looks up to see both Tyler and Matt blinking at her with their mouths wide open.

"Maybe we might need that Tequila after all." Matt mumbles.

Tyler nods his head "Or something stronger."

Aria shakes her head at their antics "Tell me about it."

Tyler scratches the back of his neck "Um Ri last time I check you and Jeremy were twins.." he hesitantly continues "I might be failing Biology but that doesn't make sense." 

"Simple answer? I was left on their doorstep when Jeremy was born so they decided to go with that we are twins and I was hidden on the scan." Aria explains to the older guys.

"Wow..."

"And Elena was adopted," Matt states surprised by this information.

"Yep."

Tyler could see how much this was secretly hurting her, everyone who knew the Gilbert family knew how different the twins were treated compared to Elena, from how tense the conversation had gotten he decided to change the subject.

Clearing his throat, he nods to the pile of books and files she was reading. "What's all that for?"

Matt instantly knew what Tyler had done and picked up one of the books from the counter and reads the title "Yeah? Why are you reading about feral dogs?"

Tyler leans closer to Aria "Are you trying to kill somebody?"

"What if I was?"

Matt chuckles "Even if you method was feral dogs, you would still be the first person the cops would talk too."

Aria frowns "How would you know that?"

"Because there's only one person you would want dead," Tyler states.

"It's very obvious."

Aria groans throwing her head back "No fun."

"But seriously why do you have this stuff?" Matt questions reading some of the files "Hunters?"

Aria spreads the pieces of paper out on the counters and huffs "Mr. Grumpy made Jer do extra credit so he would be able to pass his class."

"Hold on. Who's Mr grumpy?" Tyler asks.

Aria rolls her eyes "Mr. Saltzman, keep up."

"Anyways, he did an essay on the local history of the town and about the myths as well." Aria vaguely explains she was already worried about Jer and Caroline being involved with the supernatural, she couldn't have anyone else be hurt because of their knowledge of something that she was still trying to process herself.

"That still doesn't explain why you are reading it," Tyler says tilting his head.

"Mr. Grumpy was really interested in the topic and so I was curious to see what the hype was about the mythical creatures." Aria lies through her teeth.

Tyler picks up one of the pieces of paper and reads out "Beacon Hills? What's that?"

"It's not a what, it's a place." Aria says pointing to a map "It's in California, Beacon County."

"So Miss Ria the Researcher what have you learnt....did you get that" Tyler laughs at his own joke.

"Hilarious and not much, I've just started reading about the history of the dogs, but according to this book, there was a family who started the chain of hunters to kill the out-of-control animals. It went on for generations, their training was insane too."

"Good job it's just myths, could you imagine if werewolf's were real?" Tyler says taking a sip from his drink.

Aria turned her head towards him "Who said anything about werewolves."

"Ria? It's literally telling you in the book that they were werewolves 'feral dogs'" Matt states making the girl freeze for a moment.

No way she thought.

"would never think that tyler would say something so smart for once." Aria mumbles.

"Hey!" Tyler gasps dramatically.

Matt reads from another piece of paper from the file "Did you find anything about the family?"

Aria shakes her head "Not really, just that as the years went by the person in charge became more violent towards the dogs, even if they seemed friendly, they were still killed, and their methods were terrible."

"I might have found something.." Tyler states reading the bottom of the page.

"What is it?"

"I think it's the family name." Tyler points to the end sentence with his fingers to show Aria and Matt.

"They had their own rules, their own oath. their own methods. Using different weapons to destroy the monsters in the woods. Swords and bows were their strengths, their name was their power. With one whistle they attack, killing the beasts of the night. Just one name was the answer."

"The Argents"

————-

Soooo