44 | R U N

Aria slowly opened her eyes before wincing at the dull ache in her head

Aria slowly opened her eyes before wincing at the dull ache in her head. Trying to rub her head she realizes that her hands and feet are tied to a chair, looking around the place to see she was in the middle of Alaric's apartment.

Confused the young witch starts to remember what had happened at the dance when Alaric offered her a drink filled with Mountain Ash causing her to pass out. It didn't take much for her to put the pieces together to know that Klaus was in Alaric's body, but now she was questioning how long he had been in his body.

She didn't want to think the obvious and that he was there at the Salvatore's house because that would mean he would have heard her talking about being his daughter and yet he still wanted to kill her.

"Arianna?"

A familiar voice made the witch snap her head in the direction of the voice, her eyes widen seeing Katherine also in the apartment with her.

"You're, okay?" Aria rambles "I thought you left, not that I would have been mad I mean I would have understood if you did."

Katherine sadly smiles at the girl "I wouldn't dare leave you to deal with Klaus, but I guess he got us both now."

"Damn, it" Aria mutters throwing her head back "Do you know what he wants with me?"

"I heard him talking with a witch." Katherine hesitantly answers "He made a deal, if she helped him with his sacrifice..."

Aria sighs "Just tell me,"

It was clearly going to be bad if Katherine didn't want to tell her the truth, Aria started to wish she had listened to Elijah but at least she hoped part of her deal with him still worked out. It made her think how different things could have been if Evie didn't die. Would he still be the same psycho murderer or would her being alive have him acting differently?

Katherine nibbles on her bottom lip "If she helped him with the sacrifice then she would get another witch to drain your magic and combine it with her own."

"Oh because that makes so much sense" Aria scoffs "He thinks I stole Evie's magic but doesn't care if someone else takes it if they help with stupid sacrifice."

She honestly thought she would have been able to change his mind, even just a flicker of hope that he could hold onto her just so she could prove to him that she is his daughter.

"He's gone isn't he" Aria whispers looking down at her feet "The person I saw with Evie, the one who called me his little girl, the one who said I would never forget them. The one who pouted because Evie mentions being grandparents the next time we met."

Katherine couldn't help but let a tear slip out "You might have your father's anger, but you have your mother's hope and strength."

"Do you know how many times Klaus thought that Evie would give up on him, on them? But her hope that Klaus could be a better person and the strength for her to keep fighting for them made him for once believe that her words could actually be true."