257 | Congratulations

Start from the beginning

     When Max pulled away from the embrace, he chuckled and took his handkerchief out to wipe the tears from Marcus's cheek. "Look at you...the brotherhood leaders are here, you know? This should be the perfect time to start boasting this to them. No harm in acting cocky sometimes," Max manages to joke.

     When a smile appeared on Marcus's face, Max smiled and hugged his brother again before standing back up. He then takes Marcus's hand and leads him to the stage so he doesn't have to feel so anxious in front of all these powerful families.

     Max is aware of what they're all thinking. Marcus doesn't deserve those stocks. He's a bastard son, so he shouldn't even get anything. Max always protected his brother because, for a long time, Marcus was the only person he considered family. Though things might have changed since Max met people he also considers family now, the fact that Marcus is the most important person in his life still hasn't changed.

     Max didn't reveal to people that they were brothers because he didn't want Marcus to experience what it was like to be in the spotlight that constantly blinded him. He also enrolled in J.S High because he first believed that it was Marcus who wanted him to be there. And now, as he watches his brother walk up to the stage to take what their father intends to give him, Max couldn't help but be relieved.

     "Marcus Sinclaire..." Max whispers. "I knew it. It fits perfectly."

     Before letting go, Marcus squeezed Max's hand and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Max then nods his head towards Marcus as Marcus finally joins the others. When he sat beside his father, envelopes were immediately laid before them. In front of all the guests and the thousands of people who were watching this live, they all signed the papers for the official transfer.

     Flashes were everywhere, and the guests were clapping their hands. Max was also clapping his hands as he stood on the side of the stage, smiling at this historic day for the Lemieux family. After all those years, the company finally returned to its rightful owners.

     Max felt incredibly proud, but at the same time, he was nervous. In a few months, he will officially inherit the company. That was written on the papers that they signed. Maximillian Leigh Sinclaire-Lemieux will finally take everything his mother left for him.

     "This is what you wanted, right, mother?" Max whispers under his breath before turning away from the stage. He was about to head back to his seat, but then he noticed someone familiar walking out of the hall. Max's eyes widened in shock, and he immediately ran out to chase after him. But as soon as he got out, someone else welcomed him. It was none other than his uncle, Dante Sinclaire.

     "You..." he says when he spots Max.

     "Uncle, my apologies. As much as I want to chat with you, I'm trying to—" Max was about to walk past Dante to follow the person he saw earlier. But before he could even take a step, Dante suddenly grabbed his arm, surprising the young heir.

     "You put Denzel into this, didn't you? He wouldn't have done this if no one had told him to. Have you forgotten who saved this company? Lemieux Corp. was about to go bankrupt. We saved it. You owe us everything," Dante bravely tells him.

     "We owe you nothing."

     "Don't be so ungrateful."

     "Ungrateful? You overused our money, our power, and everything the Lemieux family has worked hard to achieve, yet you call me ungrateful? Was all the years you've acted all high and mighty not enough? Has the spotlight you've put on yourselves not blinded you yet?" Max asks, and out of nowhere, Dante lifts his hand and slaps him.