the night before

"What is the important thing you wanted to tell me? Rasheed asked after the dishes were cleared.

"we've had enough conversations tonight...right now, I wasn't to sleep, I have to get up in 4 hours." Isra said, getting up.

"you're mad at me?" he asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Isra turned to face him. "You broke a kid's heart and brought back unnecessary memories."

"He asked for it" he replied.

"of course he did. You are so hostile towards him." Isra spoke.

"let's not fight." He tried to calm her down.

"I want to sleep, please leave." Isra said, looking away.

He came close and hugged her, a hug she returned with reluctance.

Isra laid down on the bed and tried her best to sleep, but she was too restless. The thought of what might be happening to Suleiman was eating her alive.

"How was he? Was he given his medicines...did he take them?" Isra couldn't calm herself and got up annoyed.

isra wore her robes before heading out towards the library. She opened the door and there stood king shaheer.

" You're up way past your bedtime." Isra said, smiling to mask any other emotion.

He smiled and nodded.

"Walk with me." he said, holding out his arm. She took his hand, and he led her downstairs to the garden area.

They walked down the grey cobble stone pathway up to the seating area. It was a BOMA style area with a cobble fire pit in the centre. He sat down, and Isra lit up the fire pit. adjusting the pieces of wood, Isra looked around at the garden.

The lavender Hidcote was planted to encircle the garden area. The lady of the night spread its fragrance throughout. The pale moonlight bounced off the iceberg roses and twinkled on the waters of the lotus pond. The many fox glove plants and rose plants swayed in the cool breeze. A short distance from the seating area away from view there was a secluded area with only red roses grown. There would be a long wooden pallet garden sofa.

With roses growing on the frames and fairy lights illuminating the area.

"Yes, Isra, the gardener takes care of everything exactly like how you told him to." King Shaheer said with a smile.

Isra sat beside him.

"all the other plants are just like you planted them. and so is that little secluded area you made to hide with my brother." he chuckled.

"Yeah, well, you know." Isra looked down flustered.

"I'm so glad you did this. This was the only solace my brother had during those two years. He used to sit here till someone dragged him to bed. when he was wheelchair bound, he would demand that someone brings him here." he said with a voice heavy with sadness.

Isra said nothing.

" I wanted to say thank you. I didn't think you would ever come back. I didn't think you would even agree to this. " he confessed turning to face isra.

"It's Suleiman. I owe him everything. " Isra said.

" Can you tell me again why you left big brother?" he changed the topic.

"I'm sure you of all the people know why I left him. The reason may not be big enough for you, but it was for me." I replied.

"But I don't know what letter you were talking about, nor did big brother or anyone else. The only thing we know is that you disappeared." He retorted.