the hidden truth

Isra stands by Suleiman's desk watching him work, stacks of paper stand on his desk. The more he finishes, the more papers pile up.

"Your Highness stop," she said, touching him. He didn't budge.

Suddenly, he gets up.

" You, your childish ways, are going to start a war," he yells, pointing behind her.

Isra turns to see Mohammed standing there, shocked she goes up to him.

" This war is inevitable, and you know it, and I'd be damned if I let you use her in all this," he yells back, moving up to the desk and ignoring her completely.

Confused, she takes a moment to look around. It wasn't Suleiman's office. The place was familiar, but Isra couldn't put her finger on it.

An explosion rocks the room, startling her. She looked at the two men still arguing. Isra runs up to them. 

"Suleiman, you will have to wade through blood to win this war." Mohammed said, taking isra by the  hand.

" Let's go," he said as the sound of explosions tore through the air.

The building begins to rock, forming cracks on the walls.

isra hesitates to leave without Suleiman.

" Let's go," she said, taking Suleiman's hand, and he followed.

The bombs drop like rain. gunfire tearing through the building, sending rubble everywhere.

They ducked their heads and ran towards the door.

A few inches from the door, Isra looked back at Suleiman. She watched bullets miss him by an inch as he half ran towards them. Isra tried to run towards him, but Mohammed had a tight grip on her. Unable to move, Isra watched him stumble over rubble and fall, hitting his head.

"Your Highness! " Isra screamed and attempted to run, but Mohammed pulled her back.

Suleiman looks up, blood dripping from the gaping wound on his head, his eyes pleading with isra to save him. She pulls away from Mohammed and runs towards Suleiman. but as soon as she takes two steps ahead, Mohammed grabs her by the waist and lifts her. 

" Suleiman," Isra screamed, reaching out to him, and he extended his arm at her, calling her for help. 

Isra writhed and bit Mohammed, but he dragged her towards the door. Isra looked ahead to see a pillar forming cracks. She kicked and clawed at his hands, but he didn't let go. 

" Isra," she hears her name, then the crash of the pillar.

 "Suleiman!!" isra screamed out and held the door frame, trying to go to him.

" Let go," Mohammed yells over the blaring sirens.

Chaos ensues all around; the building begins to collapse bit by bit, but Isra is still unwilling to let go. Crying, she shook her head, gripping on the door frame till her fingers bleed.

"Mommy," Isra heard a soft voice. Everything had stopped, the sirens, the bombs, everything.

A child runs out from behind a pillar wearing a bloody white thobe. He stands before her and reaches out. Instinctively, Isra reaches out to him. Their fingers were inches away, and everything started up again. The roof caves, and Mohammed finally drags her out.

" Don't leave me here Mommy, take me with you." Isra heard the child plead as the door closed. Everything collapses, and bombs drop before them throwing them apart.

Isra hit the ground with a thud and woke up. Rasheed comes running and pulls her up to her feet.

" You, OK? why were you screaming? did you have a nightmare? " he asked, pouring a glass of water. Dazed and confused, Isra looked at him, tears stinging her eyes.