Broken Hearts

"Huh?"

Jessie's eyes widened. Luka's body started spasming.

"Did we hit him too hard?!"

Caria started panicking. Luka's limbs started flailing around. Mercury flowed down his cheeks like tears.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Oh, looks like El Verdugo removed the limiter."

El Nino laughed as it evaded a kick from Hancock. It ran behind La Parca who blocked attacks from Luffy and Hancock.

"What do you mean by limiter?!"

Luffy shouted before firing a Red Hawk at La Parca. La Parca blocked it but was forced back. Hancock leaped over it and aimed a kick at El Nino. Her kick missed but she chased El Nino like a hound.

"Luka had lost his mind a long time ago. It was us who fixed it enough for him to function in society."

El Nino was kicked in the stomach before hitting Hancock with a punch to the chest.

"What do you mean, fixed?"

Hancock tanked the punch and fired pink arrows at El Nino. It accelerated and ran towards La Parca who was clashing with Luffy.

"We used hypnotism to lock away his memories as Silver Death and placed a limiter on him."

El Nino reached La Parca but was hit by a stomp from Luffy. La Parca popped up behind Luffy and slammed his head into the ground. Hancock flew at La Parca with a barrage of kicks. La Parca blocked them while backpedaling.

"If we hadn't done that, he would eventually find out the things he's done and crumbled. He would then turn into a mindless beast that attacks indiscriminately."

El Nino rushed at Hancock and kicked her in the back. La Parca took this chance to step in for the attack. A foot hit La Parca in the face before it could attack. Luffy jumped and hit La Parca with a headbutt. Hancock spun around and fired a heart bullet from her finger. El Nino was hit and started turning into stone.

"What we did just now was remove the limiter on his mind."

El Nino spoke until it was turned into stone.

"This is different from earlier when we hypnotized him to let Silver Death resurface."

Another child appeared as a replacement. El Nino showed a grin unbefitting of its face.

"Now all of his sins are replaying in his head. All the innocents he killed in his rampages. All the loved ones he destroyed and blamed their demise on pirates. All of the friends who cursed him in their final breath."

El Nino spread its arms and shouted.

"All of these sins will crush his mind and body and deliver divine punishment!"

Tears of mercury changed into tears of blood.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Luka let out a heartbreaking scream.

"Lu-"

An arm made of mercury sprouted from Luka's chest and swatted Jessie away. Dozens of arms grew from his chest, wiggling like snakes. Legs sprouted from his back and lifted him off the ground. His body spasmed harder as these limbs appeared. The tears of blood flowed like a river and stained his face. And then-

"........."

He stopped. Luka came to a complete halt.

"Luka...?"

Caria carefully called out to him. The extra limbs retracted into his body. Luka slouched over before straightening his body again. He turned his head towards Caria.

"Caria..."

"Luka!"

Caria's face brightened up as she made her way to Luka. However, the bloodstream didn't stop flowing from Luka's eyes. He opened his mouth and spoke.

"Kill me."

"Huh?"

Caria froze.

"Please, kill me."

"What do you-"

"I don't deserve to live!"

Luka shouted. He held his face in his hands.

"I remember everything. All those people..."

His body trembled along with his voice.

"I'm no better than the ones destroying the island..."

"Oh? This is an unexpected outcome."

El Nino mumbled as Luffy was firing a punch at it. La Parca blocked the attack with its body.

"Look, La Parca! He somehow retained his sanity!"

El Nino pointed at Luka with child-like excitement.

"I can see that. Focus on the fight."

"Nah, I'm interested in this soap opera."

El Nino evaded a punch from Luffy before vanishing.

"That little brat."

La Parca faced Hancock and Luffy. Both of them gritted their teeth as they glared at him.

"Focusing all of the anger on me..."

La Parca sighed and lifted its fists.

"1000 Lives Return."

Meanwhile, Luka's words gripped the hearts of the Supreme Five.

"C-Calm down, Luka. Everything's alright."

Caria spoke with a trembling voice.

"You idiot, you're nothing like them!"

Jessie spoke with more authority.

"You don't understand...None of you understand!"

Luka stomped the ground and the earth shook.

"If you won't kill me because I asked, then I'll have to make you realize how much of a monster I truly am!"

Luka's body expanded and he transformed into a multi-head dragon-like monster.

"RAAAAAHHHH!"

It let out a deafening roar and shook the area.

"Luka!"

Caria cried out and the monster fired boiling mercury at her. She leaped back to avoid it, but a tail swung at her.

"5000 Brick Fist!"

Astrid jumped between them and slammed his fist against the tail. He stopped the tail but his arm was grabbed by several mercury arms that sprouted from the tail.

"Monarch Cut!"

The hands were severed by Caria's blades. She and Astrid leaped back to create some distance.

"Are you two okay?"

Jessie approached them. They nodded and looked at the monster.

"Luka..."

The monster eyed them down with its multiple heads.

"How did it come to this?"

Jessie mumbled. The monster turned its head and opened its mouths.

"Wait, it's facing the town!"

"Luka, don't!"

The monster ignored them and fired mercury from its mouth. The boiling mercury rained down on the town and sounds of destruction reached their ears.

"Luka...!"

Jessie gritted his teeth.

"Are you really trying to force my hand?"

The monster eyed him down as if awaiting his answer. Jessie took a deep breath and calm himself.