Two Idiots

After a while, Luffy and Jessie released their grip on each other. The Conqueror's Haki they were releasing had also stopped. The tavern owner Kelly was already on one knee when it was over.

"You..."

She flew up.

"You idiots!"

She shouted.

"Are you guys trying to spoil the party?! Just how many people do you think was affected by your clash?!"

Luffy and Jessie instinctively stepped back.

"What if my customers ran off because of you?! Are you going to pay me back for all the money I lost? Well?!"

She was up in their faces intimidating them.

(Man, she really is like Nami!)

Luffy thought.

"Don't worry, Kelly."

Felix stood up and walked down the stairs.

"Attention, everyone!"

He drew everyone towards him.

"I would like to apologize for the disturbance earlier. I would also like to assure you there's no need to worry, you can enjoy yourselves."

He gestured to the second floor.

"As a form of apology, the mayor will pay for everyone's drinks and food for the night. So feel free to drink away."

"OHHH!!!"

Cheers shook the tavern.

"Tate! Tate! Tate! Tate!"

Felix walked up the stairs as the crowd chanted Tate's name.

"Thank you very much, Sheriff!"

Kelly grabbed Felix's hand and shook it with money signs for eyes.

"Why do all of you have the need to spend my money without my permission?"

Tate asked with a dry smile.

"Because you're on the World Government's payroll. You can afford it."

Felix said as he sat next to him.

"Since he's buying can I get some meat?!"

Luffy asked.

"Of course, coming right up!"

Kelly literally floated down the stairs with a trail of money signs floating behind her. Jessie laughed and returned to his seat with Astrid. Caria stood beside Hancock who was looking at Luffy with heart eyes.

"Sorry about Astrid."

"Hmm? Oh, that guy? Don't worry, he'll learn his place soon."

Caria smiled awkwardly.

"He's really not as bad as he seems."

"I don't really care to be honest. Luffy is the only man I'm interested in."

"I figured that much from the other night."

"About the other night..."

Hancock started whispering in Caria's ears.

"Do you think he remembers what I did?"

"Oh, you mean the kiss?"

"Shh!"

Hancock covered Caria's mouth and looked at Luffy. He was talking with Frantz and Luka.

"Could it be you guys haven't talked about it?"

"I mean, how could I? It was our first kiss and I forced it on him. What if he remembers and hates me for it."

"Didn't we already establish he wouldn't?"

"But we can't know for certain!"

"Ok, ok. Let's calm down."

Caria said. While she was trying to calm Hancock down, Luffy was talking to Luka and Frantz.

"You're really strong, Silver Kid. You took on those pirates without backing down. You were a bit scary though."

"My bad. I get worked up when it comes to pirates. You weren't bad yourself."

"Nah, I got taken out by a ship so I didn't do much."

"You didn't know his powers so that's normal."

"Yeah, but I can't allow that to happen in the New World."

"You're going to the New World?"

"Yeah."

"I'm originally from there."

"Really?! Is it as fun as people say it is?!"

"I wouldn't say it's fun. However, you won't get bored that's for sure."

Luka wore a slight frown.

"I see. I guess I'll find out when I get there."

Luffy turned his attention to Frantz.

"I didn't get to see you fight but I heard your battle was intense."

"Yup, I almost died but I held on."

Frantz showed off his crystal arm.

"Oh, that looks cool!"

Luffy's eyes sparkled.

"Right? It gives me a veteran vibe."

"You just look like you got your ass kicked."

Astrid said from the table beside them.

"What was--!"

"Just so you know, anybody who breaks anything will pay for it out of their pocket."

Tate spoke up and Frantz quietly sat in his seat. Shortly after, Kelly and other waitresses returned with loads of food and drinks.

"Now, the party can begin!"

Luffy shouted. He was sitting with Hancock and Caria and had already started eating. Hancock didn't eat and just kept looking at him.

"You sure can eat, uh...Lucia, right?"

Jessie said. He had a large amount of food in front of him.

"Say, how about an eating contest?"

"I'm down."

"Great! Kelly set up a table for the two of us!"

Soon, inhumane noises came from the second floor. When people peeked up there they saw the scene of two beasts savagely devouring plates of food. Pieces of food flew everywhere as they swallowed everything.

"Hey, don't eat the plates!"

Kelly complained while trying to take a plate from them.

"Ahhh! That's my arm, not food! Don't eat it! Help!"

Her screams send shivers down the bystanders' spine. Luffy and Jessie latched on to her hands with their mouth. Caria smacked them over the head with a chair before they spat out her hands. They continued to eat like nothing had happened.

"It's like they're in a trance."

Caria was dumbfounded.

"I never thought anyone could compete with Jessie in eating."

Waiters lined up, dropping plates on the table. The moment the food touched the table it disappeared into thin air.

"The food is disappearing almost as fast as the money in my wallet."

Tate mumbled.

Luffy and Jessie were tearing through stacks of steaks. They stopped when their forks stabbed into the last piece of steak. They looked at each other and then pulled the steak at the same time. It flew into the air. Jessie stood up and stabbed at the steak. Luffy pulled him back and went for it. As he was going to get it a fork flew past him and hit the steak. It flew into the air and stabbed into the ceiling. Luffy looked back at Jessie with shock and horror as if he committed a great sin.

"...Well, at least they won't try to eat it now it's dirty."

Frantz mumbled. Luffy and Jessie looked at the steak on the ceiling. It was slow sliding off the fork. The two looked at each other and started sprinting. They reached the railing, kicked off it, and flew into the air.

"Seriously?!"

Frantz couldn't believe what he was seeing. Luffy and Jessie flew towards the steak. They looked at each other and threw kicks. Their kicks clashed with a loud noise.

"Those idiots are actually using Haki!"

Luffy and Jessie punched each other while stretching their hands towards the meat. The meat slid off the fork and their eyes sparkled. They punched their opponent to force them away from the meat. They were forced apart and flew in opposite directions. They both crashed into tables while keeping their eyes on the meat. It was falling towards the ground. They grabbed forks from the tables they crashed into. They flew at the meat thrusting their forks. Sparks flew as the forks clashed after stabbing into the meat simultaneously.

"Wow, that's one tough steak for it to still be whole after all that."

Luka mumbled.

"It's made from Sea-Hippo meat."

Kelly said while Felix was wrapping her hands that were bitten earlier.

"........"

"........"

Luffy and Jessie glared at each other as their forks trembled. They were trying to take the meat from the other by force, but neither were backing down. That's when their forks blackened.

"Did they really harden the forks with haki?"

Astrid shook his head in disbelief.

Luffy and Jessie clenched their fists and threw punches. They punched each other in the face but neither budged. Luffy kicked out and Jessie lifted his knee to block. Jessie swung his leg at Luffy's head, but Luffy blocked with his arm. The two looked at each other and started trading blows.

"Really? Over a piece of meat?"

Frantz pointed to the table.

"The waiters brought more five minutes ago!"

His shouts fell on deaf ears as they two continued to punch it out.

"It's not about the meat anymore. They're just competitive. Probably because they recognized the guy in front of them is in their league or something."

Felix said. He stood up after he finished wrapping Kelly's hand. His expression visibly darkened.

"That being said, they're ruining everybody else's night."

His voice was low but powerful. Everybody around him instinctively stiffened. Even Hancock who was cheering on Luffy stopped.

"What is this heavy presence?"

She looked at Felix whose fingers darkened with sparks emitting from them.

(Hardening coated with Conqueror's Haki?!)

Her eyes widened as Felix vanished from where he was.

"Calm down, you two idiots!"

He popped up beside Luffy and Jessie.

"Ten Judicial Points!"

He thrust his fingertips at their sides. The image of five blades piercing through the two of them appeared.

"Lu-"

Caria stopped Hancock. The blades disappeared and the forks fell from Luffy and Jessie's hands along with the meat. They fell to their knees drained of strength but no signs of pain.

"What?"

Luffy struggled to lift his arms.

"Since Lucia is a Conqueror he probably doesn't know this feeling."

Caria said.

"Wait, are you saying..."

Caria nodded.

"The sheriff has the ability to neutralize Conquerors just as how they neutralize others."

She shook her head.

"Those two idiots deserve it for pissing the sheriff off."

"......"

Luffy silently looked up at Felix in shock. After a few seconds, he showed a wide grin.

"That's sick!"