The Hunter & The Pirate

Luffy and Jessie took to the skies to search for the enemy. Luffy sat on Jessie's back with his eyes closed.

"Can you hear anything?"

Jessie called out to him. Luffy opened his eyes and shook his head.

"Nope, nothing."

"Where should we be looking anyway?"

"That's a good question."

The two flew in silence for a bit before Jessie spoke.

"How about east?"

"Why?"

"Instinct?"

"Sounds good enough to me. To the east!"

"Aye aye!"

Jessie turned and started flying south. Neither he nor Luffy realized this.

"By the way, Strawhat. Why are you helping us?"

"What do you mean, why?"

"I mean, you could've used the chaos on the island to get the resources you guys came for and left. Why did you stay and try to help? This isn't really your fight."

"What a stupid question."

Luffy frowned.

"Of course I would help you guys. Aren't we friends?"

"Friends?"

"Yeah."

Luffy started listing off his fingers.

"We ate, drank, and fought together. That makes us friends...Huh? Why do I feel like I said this already?"

Luffy shrugged.

"Anyway, that mayor guy gave us food and shelter. He was a really good guy. He didn't deserve to die like that."

His eyes narrowed.

"That's why I gotta beat the guys responsible. I also partied with a lot of the people on this island. I want to repay them."

"You're a really good guy."

Jessie started laughing.

"Really? I'm just doing what I want though."

Jessie laughed some more.

"Thanks for wanting to avenge Tate. It's kinda funny though. A pirate wanting to avenge a bounty hunter, but I get it."

Jessie became silent for a bit before speaking.

"Hey, when you become Pirate King and I become the History's Greatest Bounty Hunter let's meet up and have a party."

"Sure, then we'll see if you can cash in my bounty. I'm sure it will be an insane amount by then. You can buy all the meat in the world."

Jessie laughed.

"I'll dedicate a mountain of meat to you."

"I'll take it after I beat you then."

Luffy laughed as well.

"Hm?"

He stopped laughing and laid flat on his stomach. He stretched his neck towards the ground and closed his eyes.

"?!"

He opened them and retracted his neck.

"I found it!"

"Huh?! Really?! Where?!"

Jessie couldn't hide his excitement. He stopped and hovered in the air.

"I heard whispers coming from directly under us."

"Call the others while diving down to see where it is!"

"Alright!"

Luffy took out the mini–Snail Transponder and Jessie dove at max speed.

"Whoa!"

The Snail Transponder slipped out of his grip. Luffy stretched his arms and caught it.

"Hello?"

When he caught it heard Frantz's voice.

"Oh, Crystal Dude! We found the enemy!"

"Where?!"

Luffy looked at his surroundings and a confused expression appeared on his face. He jumped off of Jessie's back and Jessie returned to his human form. The two of them looked around in confusion.

"What's wrong? Where are they?"

Frantz's voice came from the Snail Transponder. Luffy lifted it to his mouth.

"We're at the orphanage."

Back at the Karros' Ranch.

"Huh? The Orphanage?"

Frantz held the Snail Transponder to his mouth. Everyone looked at each other in confusion.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...I'm still hearing the whispers right now. Actually, it's louder than ever."

Everyone could hear Luffy's voice.

"But the orphanage was destroyed this morning."

Caria argued.

"We know but.... It's here."

Caria, Astrid, Connor, and Frantz looked at each other.

"Hello, Rindou?"

They turned their head to Hancock who was using a Snail Transponder.

"Head to the Orphanage we talked about earlier. The enemy is there. We'll meet up there."

"Yes, Snake Princess."

Hancock hung up the phone and started sprinting.

"Wait, Hancock!"

Caria ran after her and Astrid followed. Frantz looked at Connor.

"You stay here, alright? If we don't contact you by sunset, try to get off the island with your crew alright?"

Frantz didn't wait for Connor to respond and chased after the others.

"Hancock, wait up!"

Caria quickly caught up to Hancock. Frantz and Astrid were close behind them

"What are you guys hesitating for?"

Hancock looked at Caria with bright eyes.

"If Luffy said it's the orphanage, then it's the orphanage."

"What if he's wrong?"

"He isn't."

"How do you know?"

Hancock smiled.

"I don't know, but I trust him 100%. Luffy!"

"Yeah."

Luffy's voice came from the Snail Transponder. Hancock grinned.

"Do whatever you want. I'll be right there to back you up."

Back at the orphanage, a grin crawled on Luffy's face.

"That was the plan."

He cut off the call.

"So it's here? Then the Sheriff gave us the enemy's whereabouts from the beginning?"

Jessie said while looking around.

"So, what? We dig through the rubble?"

"Maybe...."

Luffy put his hand at his ears and walked around. He climbed onto the mountain of rubble and then walked off it. He stopped and closed his eyes.

"I really can't use Haki to help."

He sat on the floor and his eyes opened wide. He went on all fours and then placed his ears on the ground. A grin appeared on his face. He moved across the ground with his ears pressed on earth. He stopped before he reached the rubble.

"It's underground! They're underground!"

"Are you sure?!"

"Yeah!"

Jessie's eyes became bloodshot.

"Those bastards!"

He transformed into a bird and shot up into the sky. Luffy leaped into the air and blew into his thumb. His arm became gigantic before hardening with Haki. Jessie's feet blackened as he dove down aiming a kick at the ground. Luffy thrust his fist down.

"Elephant Gun!"

"Humming Meteor!"

Their attacks flew down with devastating force.

*BAM*

The earth burst open. However, it happened before Luffy and Jessie's attacks hit.

"Wha-?!"

Something flew out of the dust clouds and hit the two of them. Luffy's fist was halted while Jessie was sent flying.

"Guh?!"

Jessie groaned as his bones rattled. Luffy felt something grabbed one of his giant fingers. He started spinning as someone started swinging him around. He was thrown into the air. Luffy retracted his arm and returned it to its normal size. He moved his head out of the way of a jab.

"Ugh!"

However, he was hit in the stomach at the same time.

"You little!"

He swung his leg, but his attacker vanished. Someone grabbed his shoulder from behind. He was kneed in the spine. Luffy spun around but nobody was there. He felt a cold sensation around his ankles. He looked down and saw a chain wrapped around his ankles. He was dragged out of the sky and slammed into the earth. The ground underneath him gave way and he fell down. Meanwhile, Jessie was being kicked around in the air.

(What the hell? How can someone be so fast?!)

He tried to fly higher in the air but he was kicked towards the earth before he could react. He returned to his human form with the veins in his body bulging.

"I won't lose again!"

He closed his eyes and spread his senses. He opened them and grabbed an arm. He immediately started punching and kicking his attacker. He stepped on their knees and forced them to the ground. He slammed his knee in their face repeatedly before flattening them with a right hook.

"Hah~ Hah~ Hah~!"

His breath was rugged as he looked down at his attacker. His eyes slowly widened as he processed their appearance. Meanwhile, Luffy groaned as he forced himself out of a pile of rubble. He found himself in an underground space.

"Welcome, Monkey D Luffy."

He turned his head towards a voice. A look of confusion appeared on his face. Jessie's eyes were peeled open and his jaw dropped as he looked at his attacker, who lay on the ground smiling at him. Luffy and Jessie spoke in unison.

"The Sheriff?"

"Felix?!"

Felix Crouch was in front of the two while being at different places at the same time.