Fellix Crouch

While Hancock was being "treated" by Luffy, Tate went to the hospital with Astrid, Jessie, and Luka at his side.

"Mayor!"

"It's the mayor."

He was greeted with fanfare the moment he entered. Tate looked at the injured patients and tired doctors who were passionately calling out to him. A frown appeared on his face as he raised his hand.

"Don't cheer for me when I wasn't able to protect you from the harm you experienced today. A lot of you suffered greatly, lost body parts, lost loved ones, and received scars; both mentally and physically."

He bowed his head.

"I failed you all as your leader and for that I'm greatly ashamed."

"Rise your head!"

"You have nothing to apologize for!"

"Please, Mayor!"

Tate's actions caused an uproar in the hospital. Astrid, Jessie, and Luka who were with him followed suit and bowed their heads.

"Not you guys too!"

"Please, Children raise your head."

"As the leader of the younger generation it's unforgivable I arrived late to protect everyone."

Jessie said.

"I was here but was too distracted by my emotions and failed to protect those around me. With my power and skills, I could've saved more lives than I ended."

Luka said.

"........."

Astrid didn't say anything and silently bowed his head.

"As Mayor, No, as a fellow bounty hunter and human being..."

Tate lifted his head and looked forward with a determined expression.

"I, Tate Tobin, promise to never fail you again."

"M-Mayor..."

Tears gathered in the eyes of those before him. Many started crying while others wiped the tears before they fell.

"We'll hold a funeral for the fallen at sunrise. You're all welcome to say your goodbyes as we send the fallen on their next journey."

Sometime after, Tate and the boys left the hospital lobby and was walking down the halls. Patients and hospital staff greeted them as they walked past.

"You can be quite dramatic, Tate."

Astrid said while putting on lip balm.

"Dramatic? I merely spoke from my heart."

"I know, however, you didn't need to bow your head. When a man of your stature starts bowing his head it unsettles those around him. In the end, you were trying to take the blame for everything even if it meant being hated. You wouldn't care, as long as it distracts people from their pain."

"That's why you're saying I was dramatic?"

Astrid nodded.

"You're afraid to let people experience pain around you. The people here will bounce back without your pampering."

"So basically, Tate believes in nurturing and Astrid prefers tough love."

Luka whispered to Jessie who seemed confused.

"I see. Then I don't see a problem."

Jessie walked in front of them and showed a huge grin.

"I mean, you two both care about everyone on the island, right?"