Threat

Hancock and the Kuja Pirates looked at Tate with confusion.

(Why is he covering for us?)

Hancock glanced at Frantz.

(He did the same earlier.)

She glanced at Caria.

(She on the other hand seems as clueless as us.)

She started assessing all the information before her.

(These two are plotting something together and it seems like it isn't something the whole island is on. If it was a collective effort, this girl who seems to be important here wouldn't have been left out. In fact, they have her here because she's easy to fool.)

She thought about it for a while and came to a conclusion.

"We're going to kill them."

This was her decision.

(I don't what they're plotting but I don't trust them and I'm not going to wait to find out. If they're even a slight threat to Luffy, they need to be put in the dirt.)

She was about to stand up.

"Oh, I think this is the perfect time to tell you about the military force of this island."

Tate spoke up with a grin.

"After all, it's better to know your opponent's hands before you decide whether to take them on or not."

He stood up.

"There are over 30,000 people on this island. Everyone here had combat training and can function as bounty hunters."

He placed his hand on Frantz and Caria's shoulder.

"Of those 30,000 there are five youngsters who show exceptional promise and ability. These Five could take on any rising stars in the pirate world, those known as the Supernova. We call them the Supreme Five. These two are among them."

He pointed at himself.

"And then there's me, the strongest Bounty Hunter. By the way, I'm not the last line of defense. That's somebody else, someone you wouldn't want to meet."

He let out a slight chuckle.

"That's a lot of firepower wouldn't you agree?"

The veins in Hancock's neck bulged. The armrest of her chair started to crack under her grasp. Her eyes became bloodshot and her body shook.

"Y-You..."

Hancock's voice trembled as a demonic expression appeared on her face.

"You dare threatened us?"

"?!"

The haki, laced with bloodlust, that leaked out of her caused Caria and Frantz to spring to their feet on reflex.

"No, no. Of course not."

Tate held onto their shoulders.

"It is too outrageous to threaten our guests."

Hancock stood up. Haki was oozing out of her body causing cracks in the furniture close to her.

"I don't like to play games...Let's just cut to the chase. Me burying--"

"Stop it, Hancock."

Hancock looked down at Luffy who frowning at her.

"These are good people, I'm sure of it."