Chapter 61- Tainted Meat

Start from the beginning

"His leg." Maggie exclaims. 

"Get him inside! We'll take care of them!" Glenn says, stabbing a Walker. 

I grab my pistol and begin firing at the Walkers, killing them. 

Damn, I miss my whip.

Damien brings his bat down on some of their heads and everyone else continues to eliminate the rest of them. 

Rick looks at me and nods as a sign that everything is clear, so I motion to Damien and we begin walking inside. "We'll find him." Damien reassures me. 

"Bob, please wake up." Sasha pleads, tearfully. She slaps his face very lightly a few times before he moves his head and pries open his eyes. 

"Bob!" Sasha exclaims, straightening up. "What the hell happened?!" 

Bob looks around confusedly before making eye contact with Sasha. "I was...I was in the graveyard. Somebody knocked me out." His voice is distressed, his hand squeezing Sasha's. 

"I woke up outside this place. It looked like a...like a school." Bob's breathing is rapid and heavy, his voice is raspy. "It was that guy, Gareth. And five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothin'." 

Everyone's faces twist into a disgusted, repulsed look. "Ew." Inejra whispers from next to Gabriel, both of them are standing behind us. 

"All proud like they had it all figured out." Bob continues. 

"Was Daryl there?" I ask, eagerly stepping closer. "Carol?" Rick asks as well.  

"Gareth said they drove off."

"What?" I whisper, taking a step back. 

Bob groans in pain, his breathing hitching. "He's in pain. Do we have anything?" Sasha asks, urgently. 

"There are pills packed in the first aid kit." Rosita says. "Yeah." Sasha nods, telling her to go get them. 

"Save 'em." Bob suddenly rasps. 

"No." Sasha refuses. 

"Really." Bob grunts, turning to look at her.

Something is wrong, just by the way he's looking at her. 

He slowly sits up and grunts as he pulls his shirt down, revealing a bite on his shoulder. 

Sasha's eyes widen and she stares at him, her heart breaking with every given second. 

Alyssa whimpers and looks at her legs. "Fuck." I whisper. 

Sasha begins to tear up as she smiles and whispers, "It's okay." Gently helping him lay back down. 

Everyone stares at Bob silently until he lays down, senseless. 

"Bob?" Sasha asks, holding his hand and protecting his head as she slowly lowers it to the ground. 

"There's a sofa in my office." Gabriel offers from behind us. "I know it's not much but..." 

Sasha turns to face Gabriel, "Thank you." She whispers. 

"I got him." Tyreese says softly. 

Tyreese gently picks up Bob and walks him into Gabriel's office, laying him on the couch. 

"He have a fever?" Rick asks Maggie. 

"He's warm." She says. 

"Jim lasted almost two days before we left him." Glenn remembers. 

Damn, I forgot about that group.

"Time for a reality check." Abraham speaks up from behind us. "We all need to leave for DC right now."