Vɪsɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ (2)

Start from the beginning

"I remember taking her body from his arms, to the woods, to a place where I knew that it would be found... another in a long line of Beacon Hills animal attacks."

"And what about Derek ?" Cora says

"Taking an innocent life takes... Something from you as well, a bit of your soul... darkening it, dimming the once brilliant, golden yellow to a cold, steel blue... like mine." Peter says flashing his blue eyes.

______________________________________

Ariane sat in her room doing some homework. Her music played from her phone on her bedside table as she sat on the bed. She tapped her pencil on her notebook as she heard a knock on her window.

Her brows furrow as she sets her pencil down and walks over to her window. When she pulls the curtains back, her content mood falls.

She goes to close the curtains, but is stopped.

"Wait, Ariane, please." Derek says. His voice coming off muffled since the window was closed.

Ariane huffs as she looks back toward him, "What ?"

"Please open the window."

"No."

"Please." He begs. Ariane's eyes widen when he flashes his eyes, but instead of their normal yellow, they were now a piercing blue.

She hurries to open the window before stepping aside and letting him in. When he stumbles in she looks him over.

"What happened ?"

"Paige." He mumbles

Ariane furrows her brows, "What ? What do you mean ?"

"I just wanted her to be safe." He says as tears start to brim his eyes.

Ariane lets out a breath as he looks down. Although her mind was telling her not to, she walked toward him. She pulls him in for a hug and that's all he needs to break down.

______________________________________

Luisa, Stiles, and Cora sat on the steps of the loft. Peter had left them alone a little while ago. Stiles was uncharacteristically quiet and Cora could tell he had something on his mind.

"What ? What's this... what's this look on your face ?

Luisa looks up from her phone as Stiles looks around, "What look ?"

"The kind of look that makes me want to punch you."

"Oh, my God. You are so Derek's sister. I forgot."

"Well, what is with the look ?"

"I just don't believe him. All right, in Ms. Blake's class, we're reading Heart of Darkness, and it's in first person, right ? Narrated by Marlow. The thing is that he's... he's an unreliable narrator. You know the details of it have changed, you know, just because of his perspective."

"Well, then we heard the story from Peter's perspective."

"Right, and I don't think we got the whole story." He says

"So, what ?" Luisa starts, "Are you just gonna ask Derek about the girl he fell in love with and then killed ?"

"If I have to..." He sighs, "Yeah."

______________________________________

Luisa walks into the apartment with a sigh. As she walks in, Ariane stands up from the couch.

"Jesus, Luisa. You know you could answer a text every once in a while."

"I'm sorry, I was with Stiles."

"And that's fine, but at least let me know you're okay."

Luisa sits on the couch, "Why haven't you told me about Derek ?"

Ariane stops as she looks to Luisa. The girl staying quiet as she watched her sister debate with her own thoughts.

"What about him ?"

"Why didn't you tell me you guys had history ?"

"Because we don't." She says, "We knew each other because of mom."

"You guys were best friends, Ariane." Luisa says standing up, "And you were in love with him."

"Where did you hear that ?"

"Is it true ?"

Ariane sighs, "Yes, it's true. Why does it matter ?"

"I'm not saying it does, but it would've been nice to know."

"Yes, I loved him, Luisa. He didn't feel the same and I moved on." She says stepping past her.

"What about Paige ?"

Ariane stops, "How the hell do you know about Paige ?"

"Stiles and I were talking to Peter to try and figure out where Derek is. The Alpha pack made him kill Boyd the other night and Stiles wants Derek's help in stopping them from killing anyone else."

"Paige was Derek's girlfriend and he had to do what he needed to help her." She shrugs, "Wherever he is, I'm sure he's fine."

"You know it's okay to talk about these things." Luisa says stepping closer

"Talking about it isn't going to change anything."

Luisa's face softens as she watches Ariane walk off down the hall. Her door closes as Luisa sits back down on the couch.

______________________________________