Vɪsɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ (2)

Start from the beginning

"I kept telling him not to do it. Every day the more he thought about it, the more convinced he became. You know teenagers. I bet he even blames me. He's probably convinced himself the whole thing was my idea." He scoffs. Luisa could tell that it was 100% his idea.

______________________________________

Ariane opens her door with her bag sitting on her shoulder. She stops abruptly as Anna stands there.

"Can I help you ?" Ariane says

"Um, I was just coming to see Luisa. She wasn't answering my texts."

"She's not here." Ariane deadpans

"Oh, well, could you tell her I texted ? If you don't mind."

Ariane nods hesitantly as Anna smiles at her before leaving. Ariane's eyes follow her before she's out of sight. She closes her door behind her before pulling her phone out.

______________________________________

Luisa's phone buzzes in her pocket. She takes it out and sets it on the table as she reads the text from Ariane.

Your friend came looking for you. She said you weren't texting her. Is everything okay ?

She sighs before she turns her phone over. She looks up as Cora leans on the table.

"They keep us connected to humanity. But they're a secret even in the pack. Sometimes only the Alpha knows who the emissary is. Derek and I had no idea about Deaton."

"Or his sister, Morrell." Peter says

"She's an emissary too ?" Stiles says

"For the Alpha pack."

"Our guidance counselor ?" Luisa says with raised brows

"Why the hell don't you people tell me any of this stuff, huh ? I shared some really intimate details with her." Stiles exclaims

"And did she give you good advice ?" Cora says

"Actually, yeah." He mutters

"That's what they do. That's what Deaton used to do for Talia." Peter says

______________________________________

The next story was about Derek asking Ennis to bite Paige. While Luisa had no real interest in this story anymore, she listened anyway.

"Ennis ? Why would he choose him ?" Cora says

"Why not ? Ennis needed a new member for his pack. Paige was young and strong. Doing a favor for Derek meant Ennis would be in good with Talia. Back then, everybody wanted to be in good with her."

"He doesn't remember it was Ennis, does he ?" Stiles says

"If he does, he keeps it to himself."

"So then what happened ? Did he turn her ?" Luisa asks

"Almost. He came at Ennis. A 15 year-old boy against a giant. There was no reason for him to fight. She'd already been bitten."

"So did she turn ?" Cora says

"She should have. Most of the time, the bite takes. Most of the time."

"When you offered it to me, you said, 'if it doesn't kill you.'" Stiles says

"If. He knew the answer, though. It didn't matter that she was young and strong. Some people just aren't made for this. But she fought. She struggled desperately, trying to survive."

Stiles sighs as he looks to Luisa. He looks down at her phone as it vibrates again. She turns it over and sees another text from Ariane. She knew she should answer, but she just turned the phone over again.